No announcement yet.

Jackson Pseudo-Strat Head -- PC? HELP!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson Pseudo-Strat Head -- PC? HELP!

The PS-7 had one. Wilkinson tremolo, HSS config, and a pickguard.

PC-3 is probably on the money.
    Occupy JCF

Re: Jackson Pseudo-Strat Head -- PC? HELP!

Yep, sounds like an older PC3 to me.

Comment

Couple more questions for you experts:

I think a lot of the reviews I've read about the PC say there are no markers on the fingerboard -- is that true? This one definitely has pearloid type dots.

And what's the going rate for one of these -- let's say very good condition?

Anyone? Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?

THanks in advance, guys...

Comment

Almost forgot: If it is a PC 3, where were they made -- Japan? Korea? Botswana?

Also -- do the PC 3s have the Phil Collen signature on the headstock? Or is that only the USA models?

Also, if train A leaves the station at 2:00 and train B leaves at -- nevermind.

Comment

Japan, but I hear Botswana makes a mean axe!!! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

The PC models do not have inlays that I know of. However I've never seen one up close and personal, so it could be that the pearloid inlays are obscured by the grain in the pictures that I've seen.. But I do know that they do not have the signature on the headstock.

[ August 29, 2003, 03:22 PM: Message edited by: TEKKY ]
          Occupy JCF

Comment

Hmm, as far as I recall the older Wilkinson-PC3´s had neither the sig on the headstock nor pearloid dots...but to be honest I haven´t seen one of those in years, so I can´t be positive regarding the dots. They were always made in Japan, though.

Comment

I've heard of a few people putting inlays on their PCs. Could be aftermarket.

Comment

Jackson Pseudo-Strat Head -- PC? HELP!

Hey, guys -- anybody out there? I need a quick answer:

I came across a Jackson today with one of those pseudo Strat Heads (like on my Charvel San Dimas series, only it says Jackson). Had a flamey maple neck with (what looked like pearlish) white dot inlays. Quilted amber top, Duncan Design pickups, Wilkinson trem.

Everything about this screams PC 3 to me -- especially cause of the headstock.

My question: did any other Jackson import models come with that pseudo-Strat headstock? Or just the Collen models?

THanks for the help!

Comment

That seems imho to be the most likely scenario.

Comment

diggin´ out an old thread:
                    is a PS7 then sth like an older version of the PC3
                    where were the old ps7(without the performer writing on the hs) made? japan i think
                    thanks
                    andy

Comment

The PS7 has a pickguard and dots on a rosewood board, and the PC3 is sans pg and maple board w/o inlays. I've owned a PC3, very nice and I've played a flamed green PS7, which I didn't care for...pretty sure they're both Japan jobs.

Comment

Working...
                      X