I'm seeing a lot of DK1's around here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm seeing a lot of DK1's around here

It looks like a lot of you guys are grabbing dk1's lately. I went to guitarxpress and only the silver black snake is left.Are these axes as good as the sl2h's. I'm asking cause I'm about to grab an sl2h and then throw some emg's in her but it looks like I can save some time and $$$ by just grabbing a dk1.

Re: I\'m seeing a lot of DK1\'s around here

The SL2H is Neck Thru, The DK1 is Bolt on

Otherwise I don't think there are any major differences.

Comment

Bob is right, a Dinky is a bolt-on. Though, the older DK1 models that were discontinued had the H/S/S pup configuration and only 22 frets.
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

yea I kinda figured that but why the same price or almost the same. The emg's are only slightly more expensive but the custom shop charges around 600 more for a neckthru. [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Comment

A DK-1 is also 7/8 the size of a SL2H, its not really noticable until your take a tape measure too it.

Comment

so basically a new dk1 is overpriced cause after I take out the duncans and sell them and then install emg's I'm about 100 dollars more out of pocket but I have a neck thru. the dk1 is 100 dollars cheaper with emg;s in both axes but I'm getting a bolt on neck . Bottom line I'm paying 100 dollars for a neck thru which seems good. So maybe the sl2h is just underpriced? I can't figure Jacksons pricing policy out.

Comment

100$ is a 100$ were not talking thousands here... Go with what feels best, I tried out the Sl2H and DK-1 at the same time, and definately preffered the SL2H, although the DK-1 was still a really nice guitar

Comment

Originally posted by Jon:
                A DK-1 is also 7/8 the size of a SL2H, its not really noticable until your take a tape measure too it.
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Sorry, but the Soloist and Dinky bodies are the same size. They're both 7/8 the size of a Strat body.

Comment

my mistake, dont get your panties in a wad

[ August 30, 2003, 11:05 PM: Message edited by: Jon ]

Comment

Who's getting their panties in a wad? I was just letting you know. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

The DK-1 and SL2H/SL1 are equally good, because they are both USA Jacksons. Neckthrough vs bolt-on makes no dfference in terms of quality/playability.

Neckthroughs are more expensive to make (for whatever reason), hence the higher price. An SL2H with Duncans costs about the same as a DK-1 with EMGs because Jackson has a deal with Duncan to get pickups cheap, but not with EMG - they pay more for EMGs and have to add that cost to the price tag of the guitar. Naturally that means the neckthrough would cost more with EMGs.

Newc
                      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

my panties are chaffing. Does that count?

Comment

I have to disagree with a dk1 being over priced. the one you saw for $1425 or whatever is more because of the graphic and the fact it was a NAMM guitar. you can score a new one (solid color) for a thousand if you look hard enough. I'm lucky enough to own an sl1 an sl2h chlorine and my graveyard dinky. and I love them all for their own tone and feel. I do have to say I have been playing the dinky the most. it seems I didn't know how much I would like the unfinished neck. [img]graemlins/band.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

actually I saw the prices on the Jackson price sheet. I know that dk1 is more cause of the graphics but all in all I think the sl2h is a way better deal.Guess I'm going to have to install the emg's when I get the soloist. Thanks for the replies. Wonder why that Naam dinky is still unsold?

Comment

The Dinky is just as well made a guitar as the Soloist. The reason there isn't much of a cost difference (about $200-300 for the same configuration) is because they're both handcrafted by the same people. It's easier to make a bolt on, hence they are less expensive. There is no quality difference between both styles of guitars at all, just the construction methods differ.
                              The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Working...
                              X