Jackson guitar clinic in MN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson guitar clinic in MN

Hey all. Wednesday night there is gonna be a Jackson guitar clinic at Capitol Guitars in downtown St. Paul. I guess Chriss Canella is putting it on. Has anyone been to these things? Are they cool? Damn I cant wait...Woo Hoo
    H3LL IS HOME!!!

I've never seen one close enough to me but Chris Cannella is a cool guy. We chat a bit at NAMM every year. Never been to Capitol Guitars but I have bought a nice Les Paul Custom from them before. If its close to you I'd recommend going to it
    Rudy
    www.metalinc.net

Comment

Originally posted by roodyrocker View Post
      I've never seen one close enough to me but Chris Cannella is a cool guy. We chat a bit at NAMM every year. Never been to Capitol Guitars but I have bought a nice Les Paul Custom from them before. If its close to you I'd recommend going to it
      Not to mention Chris is a monster player. I had the pleasure of seeing his band several times when I lived in Phoenix years back, and they were seriously impressive.

Comment

I've been to one in California. Definitely a cool time. Chris goes into the history of Jackson, gets up on stage to play a few riffs, answers some questions, passes out swag.
        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Tonight Wednsday? or next week? Arrrrrggg!
          An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind.
          A tooth for a tooth means we all eat through a straw.

Comment

I just got back..Chris was cool as hell. He did not pass out swag though. Anyway here are a few things I asked him and he talked about.

* Dave Mustain will NOT EVER be back with Jackson
            * The new custom select line HAS NOT stopped taking orders because they had too many requests.
            * I never knew that back in the day Tim Wilson trained most of the Fender Custom shop builders how to build guitars the right way
            * Jackson will be doing the Firebird again. They cant use the term Firebird and the will alter the shape a bit like ESP did. WOO fn HOOOOO...Cant wait
            * The 2nd Randy Rhoeds.....(kidding) Rhoads tribute model is set to go soon. (very very cool)
            * The new EVH 5150 III sounded pretty cool. Lots of options and very nice clean and dirty

Thats all I can remember for now
            H3LL IS HOME!!!

Comment

Originally posted by mr426 View Post
              Jackson will be doing the Firebird again. They cant use the term Firebird and the will alter the shape a bit like ESP did. WOO fn HOOOOO...Cant wait
              YES!

Comment

Im with you Bro...I been wanting one FOREVER. I told them not to fuck the shape up like ESP did..HAHAH
                H3LL IS HOME!!!

Comment

Originally posted by mr426 View Post
                  Im with you Bro...I been wanting one FOREVER. I told them not to fuck the shape up like ESP did..HAHAH
                  Same here, ever since I saw Dave Mustaine's Oxblood firebird, I've lusted for one. Also, good call on telling them not to fuck up the shape like ESP!

Comment

Ha, I had to pu that in there cause I want an old school one like Robin Crosbys. I told him id order two if they made them again.
                    H3LL IS HOME!!!

Comment

The best tidbit I see above is the 2nd Rhoads tribute model! That trumps everything else I inquired about when we may expect to see a replica of Randy's black/gold one and was told perhaps to coincide with another Jackson anniversary. When the Concorde Relic was released I was told Mike Shannon measured/documented both guitars so I knew it was a matter of time till the black/gold one would be produced. I hope its done to the level of detail the Concorde Relic was. Jackson/Mike Shannon did an incredible job on that one
                      Last edited by roodyrocker; 02-14-2013, 07:16 PM.
                      Rudy
                      www.metalinc.net

Comment

Not trying to be a buzzkill, but wouldn't a replica of Randy's black guitar just be an RR1T with some very minor changes?

Comment

Crap I live 3 hours away. Would have been cool. Would love to be in a position to own the RR Tributes.
                          KV DM PRO, SLSXMG, RRXMG, DXMG, LP P90 Goldtop_GSP1101_RM4: JF SL-OD100_Randall RT2/50_Peavey 4x12 cab
                          I'm loving the Jaded Faith mods. Going Egnater Dual mod route: Voxless, SL-OD100, Brahma #39, QuickMod GT

Comment

Originally posted by Whoopu2 View Post
                            Not trying to be a buzzkill, but wouldn't a replica of Randy's black guitar just be an RR1T with some very minor changes?
                            The general shape yes. But there are a lot of small differences like the smaller sharkies, old Jackson logo, brass parts, older San Dimas style screw locations on the scratch plate as well as old bridge. Also, the current RR1T is Alder with maple center block, Randy's was Poplar with maple center. Fret nibs, small fret wire size, old style tuners, and from an old pic I saw it looks like Randy's had a mini toggle switch for pickup selector. And who knows what else Mike Shannon may have come up with when he examined the guitar that we don't even know about. Jackson did make the Rhoads PCS back around 1994 which had most of the features I listed. Its a smokin' player! At the time I walked in the music store where a friend of mine was working and he said come here and check out what we just got in. I plugged it in and played it and was blown away. It came home with me
                            So the short version is it would be more like a Rhoads PCS than an RR1T but I suppose you could say small changes. Of course this is true of his 74 Les Paul Custom sig model from Gibson too. But hey, its Rhoads so
                            Last edited by roodyrocker; 02-14-2013, 10:35 PM.
                            Rudy
                            www.metalinc.net

Comment

I bet there were more sweeps than a Swiffer testing facility.
                              GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Working...
                              X