"Grover Jackson" pickups?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Grover Jackson" pickups?

Anyone knows if these Grover Jackson pickups are the same USA made pickups or they're made in Japan?

http://produto.mercadolivre.com.br/M...son-usados-_JM

(don't mind the texts in portuguese)

thanks!

I don't know about the pickups, but is this what Brazilians use instead of ebay? Everything seems really expensive

Comment

LOL yeah this is the brazilian ebay. The prices are in "R$". U$1 is about R$1,96. Usually I buy everithing from ebay because even paying for the international shipping it's still cheaper than buying here. The taxes here are too high for everithing. The taxes for importing stuff are 60% of the price+shipping value, so a U$100 pickup shipped would cost me U$160. I always ask the sellers to declare a lower value on the customs declaration so it gets cheaper.
      Last edited by MarceloBR; 03-04-2013, 12:39 PM.

Comment

Wow, I lived in Manaus for 2 years and never knew customs was that bad. It would be fun to do some business with Brazilians, but not at those prices!

Comment

Manaus... those were probably 2 HOT years for you...

Comment

I loved it. Beats the insane winter we've had this year in Utah

Comment

These pickups must be ultra-rare..

Comment

The only GroverJackson pickup I've seen in person had a Gotoh-stamped baseplate, so I'm assuming they're Japan-made, since the GroverJackson line was intended for the Asian market.
                I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

The Grover Jackson pickups that I pulled out of my Grover Jackson Soloist also had Gotoh stamped on the baseplate, so they are MIJ.
                  Until you get weaned off the boobie, you are going to have to do what the wife wants too. -Rsmacker

Comment

Working...
                  X