Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any changes in jacksons quality since fender took over?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any changes in jacksons quality since fender took over?

I wanted to know if the USA selects or even the imports have changed quality since fender USA took over,better or worse? or the same as it was?

Re: Any changes in jacksons quality since fender took over?

It's the same. Pretty much nothing has changed.

Comment

From what I understand, they retained the Ontario shop where Jackson Selects and Customs were made. They have re-hired master luthier, Mike Shannon, and I also believe that I heard that they upgraded some of the machinery in the shop. As far as I can tell, the quality can do nothing but improve at this point.
      Occupy JCF

Comment

Originally posted by TEKKY:
        From what I understand, they retained the Ontario shop where Jackson Selects and Customs were made. They have re-hired master luthier, Mike Shannon, and I also believe that I heard that they upgraded some of the machinery in the shop. As far as I can tell, the quality can do nothing but improve at this point.
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">that is great to hear! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

I got an Sl-2 that was made before Fender tool over then I got one that was made after. The fret work was a lot cleaner and nicer on the post Fender, but the paint on the graphic was kinda sloppy. It also seeme to have nicer hardware, although the first one was gold and it just plain sucked.
          Madness Reigns......... In the Hall of the Mountain King!

Comment

I recieved my first Jackson SL2H a couple months ago. My only gripe would be that they were a little sloppy with the glue around the frets. Paint and set up were excellent out of the box though. [img]graemlins/band.gif[/img]

Comment

Quality of the pre fender jacksons sucked. that soloist I mentioned in the tech thread actually is going to need to be replaced by fender, and I have heard of several other complaints about Jacksons at that point.

I think I am buying older and used from now on.

Comment

and their customer support sucks ass too...dont EVER EVER have something that needs dealt with. .. it will take a lifetime, and people say, its because its a big company...1400$ into your guitar, you want results in a timely fashion, not whenever I dont care about your guitar gets paid to get around to it. [img]graemlins/rant.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by randyvanmalmsteen:
                  I wanted to know if the USA selects or even the imports have changed quality since fender USA took over,better or worse? or the same as it was?
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">nah most of the import stuff is all stuff Kevin had designed anyway , and most of the dudes from the custom shop are still there as far as I know and of couse Mike Shannon is back witch is very cool [Jacksons master builder] so if anything the custom shop is better and the imports are the same ! //Steve

Comment

I have to disagree with customer service being bad. I bought my namm DK-1 and it arrived without hangtags or a COA. I got on the JCF and found a post with McD in it and emailed him asking if he could help. Within 20 minutes I got a reply and within a week I recieved what I needed. Now I didnt have a prob with warranty work or anything like that but I did find McD to be a huge help. He didnt have to do what he did and for that they get props from me. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                    X