Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone think that Charvel Pro Mods with Pointy Heads would be cool?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone think that Charvel Pro Mods with Pointy Heads would be cool?

I personally think that the Charvel Pro Mods would be cool with the option of a pointy head stock, I love the Stratheads, but I think it would be a cool option.

So what's your opinions guys, leave them as just Stratheads, or add the option of pointy heads?

P.S. Sorry if a thread about this has been done before, I haven't seen it if there has (clearly)
    2002 Classical Acoustic
    2003 Cruiser by Crafter Strat
    2003 B.C. Rich Mockingbird "Firebreather" L.E.
    2005 Jackson DKMG
    2003 Fender Stratocaster Candy Apple Red Satin L.E.
    2008 Ibanez JS100
    2009 B.C. Rick KKV
    2009 Ibanez RG350MYE L.E.
    2005 Jackson RR3 Crimson Swirl
    1989 Charvel 375 DLX
    2010 Jackson JS30KV
    2010 Fender JR Telecaster
    2003 Fender Jag-Stang
    2010 Charvel San Dimas Pro Mod
    1988 Charvel Model 4
    2007 Jackson RR24
    2012 Jackson SDX Adrian Smith
    sigpic

I think they're trying to keep the brand identity of the Pro Mods consistent, so they probably won't do it. Wouldn't mind seeing a few, though.

Comment

Didn't they do a bunch of pointy bolt on models in 2005 or so?
      GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Originally posted by Hellbat View Post
        yes - they were quite nice. I had a single hum with a brass v-trem - about as old school as one could get, except it had the pointy head instead of a strathead.
        GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

I've thought about getting a Pro Mod, if it had a pointy I wouldn't think anymore, I would definitely buy one.

Comment

I'd buy one for sure as for me I only like Charvels with pointy headstocks. I see where a lot of people like the Fender headstocks for nostalgia reasons but if I wanted a guitar with that headstock I'd buy a Fender and that isn't going to happen. I think it would be a killer option to have a pointy.
            Last edited by Axegrinder; 04-01-2013, 02:13 AM.
            Gear
            '88 Charvel Model 6
            '90 Charvel 650 Custom
            '92 Jackson Dinky Reverse Professional
            '93 Jackson USA Randy Rhoads PCS #23
            '07 Jackson DKMG Mutt

Comment

Originally posted by pro-fusion View Post
              I think they're trying to keep the brand identity of the Pro Mods consistent, so they probably won't do it. Wouldn't mind seeing a few, though.
              Well they've failed there then as the fret dots are way off on the 12th fret.

Yeah. I'd love to see some more reissue's like the mid-2000 ones. Both would be good. Mass produced quartersawn pointy necks would be a dream.

I've got a 2005 blue metallic V trem reissue, unfortuntately the seller replaced the pointy neck with a USA pro mod neck and ebanol nut before I got it, dur to tuning stability issues. I've got a dreamsicle neck on it now, but I would kill for that pointy neck.
              Last edited by ginsambo; 04-01-2013, 02:49 AM.
              You can't really be jealous of something you can't fathom.

Comment

Those weren't part of the Pro Mod line but rather USA Charvels. I have a couple of them and they are very nice!
                Rudy
                www.metalinc.net

Comment

Oh I realize they weren't pro-mods. But they are as close as you would get and would do the trick. I think they tend to sell for reasonable prices too if I recall correctly.
                  GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Yes. But they were much better made than the promods. I liked the neck profiles on those pointy necks, the pro mod not so much.

Comment

Oh I realize they weren't pro-mods. But they are as close as you would get and would do the trick. I think they tend to sell for reasonable prices too if I recall correctly.
                      How much do they usually sell for? I was looking on ebay and stuff for them, but I haven't seen any. It would be nice to own another pointy Charvel I guess I could just save up for a custom shop model and then base it off of my Model 4s modded system but make it more practical and change the colour and if the money fails I could just buy another Model series I guess, but it's always good to buy a brand new guitar.
                      2002 Classical Acoustic
                      2005 Jackson DKMG
                      2008 Ibanez JS100
                      2009 B.C. Rick KKV
                      1989 Charvel 375 DLX
                      2010 Jackson JS30KV
                      2003 Fender Jag-Stang
                      1988 Charvel Model 4
                      2007 Jackson RR24
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ginsambo View Post
                        I've got a 2005 blue metallic V trem reissue, unfortuntately the seller replaced the pointy neck with a USA pro mod neck and ebanol nut before I got it, dur to tuning stability issues. I've got a dreamsicle neck on it now, but I would kill for that pointy neck.
                        It was probably a good move to trade necks, though. I had a white 2005 v-trem reissue, and it went out of tune if you looked at it the wrong way. V-trems and pointies don't mix. My '95 Charvel Standard with the fake strat headstock, by contrast, stays in tune better than some of my guitars with Floyds.

Comment

I actually dig the look of the Strathead on the Pro Mods. I am probably in the minority, but I say no to the pointies on the Pro Mods. Instead have Jackson offer a Pro Mod spec'd Dinky/Strat.
                          KV DM PRO, SLSXMG, RRXMG, DXMG, LP P90 Goldtop_GSP1101_RM4: JF SL-OD100_Randall RT2/50_Peavey 4x12 cab
                          I'm loving the Jaded Faith mods. Going Egnater Dual mod route: Voxless, SL-OD100, Brahma #39, QuickMod GT

Comment

Still a noob at this forum, so like I have a say in anything, but I aren't the wild cards supposed to comeback? Maybe they could do a limited wild card run?

Comment

Originally posted by Hamner1 View Post
                              I actually dig the look of the Strathead on the Pro Mods. I am probably in the minority, but I say no to the pointies on the Pro Mods. Instead have Jackson offer a Pro Mod spec'd Dinky/Strat.
                              Don't get me wrong, I love the Stratheads on the Pro-Mods but I love the old Model series Charvels with the full size strat bodies and pointy heads. The idea for the Jackson Pro Mod would be awesome, that's partly why I bought the Jackson SDX, and also the fact that I love Maiden. Lol.
                              2002 Classical Acoustic
                              2005 Jackson DKMG
                              2008 Ibanez JS100
                              2009 B.C. Rick KKV
                              1989 Charvel 375 DLX
                              2010 Jackson JS30KV
                              2003 Fender Jag-Stang
                              1988 Charvel Model 4
                              2007 Jackson RR24