Shannon Soloist?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shannon Soloist?

Hey guys... any Shannon Soloists out there?

Matt [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    Special deals for JCF members on Jackson/Charvel, Suhr, Anderson, Nash, Splawn, Bogner, LSL, Ibanez, Diezel, Friedman, Bad Cat, 3rd Power, Dr. Z, ENGL and more. FREE SHIPPING! 0% FINANCING!

Re: Shannon Soloist?

why yes, i have a slime green shannon, plays great

Comment

Yes...I have a pile of them. I might want to sell one of my spare Slime Green Shannons (I said might) due to a recent turn of events...a positive turn of events!

[email protected]

Comment

why are some soloists called shannon soloists?

Comment

OK Brett now what did you find???
          something early [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Cheers and Good Luck

Comment

Originally posted by jem777LNG:
            why are some soloists called shannon soloists?
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Because they were created by Mike Shannon who works in the Jackson Custom Shop. They were a limited edition made in the late '90s (I think 1998). They're more of an old-school SL1 with a tilted back neck (so the Floyd is not recessed into the body), binding is also over the frets. They have chrome hardware, Duncan Pearly Gates pickup in the bridge, and I forget exactly what the single coils are, maple neck-thru, poplar body sides. They came in white, black, slime green, and blue ghost flames. There's supposedly one in orange sherbert (I think it might have been the prototype) but I don't think anyone's ever seen that one or knows where it is. Mike's signature is also on the back of the headstock in silver pen. I'm sure Brett or someone else can give you better info about them.

[ September 06, 2003, 01:19 AM: Message edited by: toejam ]
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

As i posted earlier, thakns to ROodyrocker I got to play one tonihgt fo rthe first time. It is AMAZING!! I also am on the lookout for one, so Brett, keep us all posted!!! Man these things play like a dream! WOW!

Be COol,
              Mike

Comment

I've posted the differences with Shannons many times before so look around and you'll find the post. I have 8 I think - I'd have to count.

Hoss, yes, I found something very early, but I'm getting screwed by the owner since so many people have called him offering him more money. He thinks his modded SH is GOLD now. I was going to pay 100% of his asking price, but now the asking price has doubled. I don't play like that, and wish other people wouldn't either, but what can you do? Have you seen the picts? It will make you cry.

What I'm happy about is 3 GREAT old and not so old Jacksons coming my way, one of which I've chased for 2 years. I'll let the cat out of the bag when they arrive (maybe).

Brett...still looking for more RR LTDs and Steinbergers with Trans Trems.

Comment

Never saw.....Damn sorry to hear that.
                  Send me picts.. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Trans Trem -- I have been wanting one of these myself. I want to build a guitar around one some day --

Comment

Working...
                  X