Help me date this neck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help me date this neck

Hey guys, I recently just acquired a guitar that was a bit of a frankenstien creation. It was supposed to be a kramer, the neck plate was kramer and the floyd was original so it had all that pointing at kramer. The neck, however, seems to match the dimensions of a charvel headstock perfectly and with the classic non dotted first fret, I figured it must have some Jackson charvel origin. Here's the interesting thing though, it's notably birdseye, especially at the headstock. The neck is really well worn so I assume it's pretty old. The bottom 12 frets have been scalloped but I am sure someone did that along the way. The number 314 is carved in at the base, no truss rod adjustment there. Looks like the face of the headstock was repainted. Mother of pearl dot inlays. Anyone have any useful information for me on what this may be? I can send pics via email if any of you are that interested in helping me, [email protected]. Thanks!

Re: Help me date this neck

Is it a 21, 22, or 24 fret, pointy or strat headstock, what kind of fretboard?

From what it would appear, is that it's an import Jackson neck from the early 90's, but without specifics (like the above, or headstock cap, tuner style, nut type, etc), it's really hard to say.

Post pics, and we'll instantly be able to tell you.
    The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Re: Help me date this neck

Pointy headstock, 22 frets with that last "fret" overhang that doesn't really count. The fretboard is rosewood, a very light, smooth, and stripy rosewood, probably Brazilian. One interesting note is that it has no truss rod cover at the neck. This may be the result of custom work, but if so, it was done quite well, and as I said, no truss rod adj. at the base of the neck either. Is there a way for me to post pictures without uploading them off the internet?

Comment

Working...
      X