Missed out at the pawn shop..killer deal...gone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Missed out at the pawn shop..killer deal...gone

Today we are out hunting a stereo receiver, our fried last week..anyhow..happen into a pawnshop. See a Jackson, snakeskin..ask the guy to let me check it out.

Well...USA Jackson (not sure of model, I'm a RR gal)Soloist maybe? I think it was a bit bigger than a Dinky.. Usa on headstock & backplate, Snakeskin, matching headstock, non recessed Floyd. Neck well worn, played great, a couple of minor dings, nothing major. Price tag? $199!!!!!

Do I HAVE the money? No..we have brought $150 to try and find a receiver...my husband doesn't play guitar, and I'm not trying to act rabid in the store lol..

So we leave. I'm explaining to Curtis that this thing is easily over 1k etc, etc, etc...

A few more pawnshops and we find stereo receiver for $140..fine..but I won't shut up about guitar..

We get home he's finally like..look, we have a credit card we can probably put it on..if you're that sure you want it and everything, lets go get it before we close...YAY!!

Yep...was gone. Just my luck.

That just sucks!

Comment

damn

Comment

Damn..To Bad! If it was the "Real" Deal it was worth some Coin for sure! Oh well...Next Time! \m/
        *Kramer Focus 4000 "V" 85' with OFR \m/
        *Kramer Focus 1000 85' with OFR \m/
        *Randall RG100ES Full Stack (85') Black Tolex with Matching R412JB & R412JT Jaguar Loaded Cabs "THE "DIME" METAL MONSTER" \m/
        Randall RG100ES (88') Gray Carpet "THE METAL MONSTER" \m/
        *Ampeg VH140C HEAD....O.M.G. METAL HEAVEN! \m/
        *ADA MP-1 (3.666 RECTO/SOLDANO) MOD* \m/
        *Digitech RP-1 "THE ORIGINAL" \m/
        *Morley Vai Bad Horsie 2 Wah \m/

​*LONG LIVE THE M-E-T-A-L!" \m/

Comment

A bit bigger than a Dinky eh? That may have been a Jackson Strat!

Comment

Oy...!!!

Comment

Painful!

Comment

Give us some good news...how's the stereo?

Comment

[email protected] is smarter than me lol...it's a whole home system..does music, surround, tv, all this stuff..I'm lost lol..Got FM tuner working..am happy lol

Comment

...Ouch.

That's all I have to say.

Comment

I believe I would have bought the snake and put the receiver on the card.
                      That sux Jeri I feel for ya.
                      In cases like that put 10% down so they will hold it for you or do a lay away if they offer it.I almost left an 86 model 6 Charvel like that.
                      $175.00 was the asking price with a nice original case.I knew of another guitar sitting in another pawn shop down the road I really wanted and walked out.
                      As I was going to my car I said what the hell am I doing? Am I crazy? I turned around and went back in dropped $ 20.00 to hold it until I came back.
                      Bought the other guitar and when I got back to the first pawn shop the guy said there were two people that came and asked about the model 6 with the cash to buy it but he said its on hold for another guy.They were pissed.
                      Damn glad I had a smart moment LOL.
                      Never let a cool one get away at a price like that.
                      Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

stray if that was for my M6 then that's an extremely cool deal!

Comment

Damn I guess those are the breaks sometimes.
                          On a deal like that I would definately have found a way to make sure I didn't leave without it. It's rare I find a deal like that in my neck of the woods.
                          KV DM PRO, SLSXMG, RRXMG, DXMG, LP P90 Goldtop_GSP1101_RM4: JF SL-OD100_Randall RT2/50_Peavey 4x12 cab
                          I'm loving the Jaded Faith mods. Going Egnater Dual mod route: Voxless, SL-OD100, Brahma #39, QuickMod GT

Comment

I know this threads several months old but Jeri if you come across something like that again let me know either on FB or here and I'll grab it if your not able to. These folks around here don't know shit. I scored a KV2 almost mint wtb case and all for $650 for a close friend and I'm always willing to help.

Comment

Originally posted by hunter1970 View Post
                              These folks around here don't know shit.
                              You got that right, and it's been that way everywhere I've lived. If it says "Fender" or "Gibson" on the headstock, they think it's worth a fortune. All they can do is pull up E-Bay and see what some bozo is asking for his.

But yeah, I've found some killer deals in pawn shops.
                              Member - National Sarcasm Society

"Oh, sure. Like we need your support."

Comment

Working...
                              X