Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jackson/Charvels with Mid-Boost J200 List?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson/Charvels with Mid-Boost J200 List?

Hello peeps,
    I’ve tried to find a list ofall Charvels/Jacksons that came with the active J200 Mid-Boost, but I haven’t had too much luck finding all of the models.
    Using collective knowledge, or perhaps even a link that I’ve been missing, do we know which all models came equipped from the factory with these circuits?

Thanks!
    Last edited by EVOLVIST; 07-15-2013, 11:17 AM.

I think you mean the JE1200 mid boost. The single coil pickups it came with were called J200.

The production guitars they came on started in 1990. I don't remember what year they stopped putting them in, but I think it was 1993.

Going off the top of my head, for production guitars it was on the soloists, Rhoads, and dinkys for those years. I'm sure others can fill in with more info.

That's all Jackson related. I don't know anything about Charvel.

Comment

Yes, you're right. I did mean JE1200 mid-boost, and now this thread is worthless because I can't edit the title of the thread! Ha! Oh man, I was looking at some J200 pups when I posted this. :think: I know my Charvels from 1986 have it, but there are so many models and I'm looking for a project guitar, but I want that mid-boost. Also, I mean, it would kind of cool to have a database like that.

Comment

Hopefully most people will see 'mid-boost' in the title and click on the thread.

Comment

Add 1986-1988 Charvel Model 4/4M, Model 5, and Model 6 as well as 1989-1991 Charvel 475 Deluxe and 650XL/650 Custom.
          Mitch
          AxeDealers/Guitarsehole

Comment

My Kelly Pro has the active mid same as my RR Pro. Both are late 80s
            addicted to Jackson guitars since 1993

Comment

I have an 86 Jackson with a J90c pickup and the J1200 electronics. I call it J1200 because the work order from Jackson calls it J1200.
              It was a custom shop, so it doesn't answer the question as to what was standard in 86, but it does add to the confusion of J vs JE

Comment

Originally posted by pianoguyy View Post
                I have an 86 Jackson with a J90c pickup and the J1200 electronics. I call it J1200 because the work order from Jackson calls it J1200.
                It was a custom shop, so it doesn't answer the question as to what was standard in 86, but it does add to the confusion of J vs JE
                How does that J90c sound to you with the active mid-boost? I have a J90c I was thinking about dropping into my Model 4M, so I imagine it's going to be pretty hot!

Comment

Originally posted by EVOLVIST View Post
                  How does that J90c sound to you with the active mid-boost? I have a J90c I was thinking about dropping into my Model 4M, so I imagine it's going to be pretty hot!
                  Eh, never mind. I dropped the J90c in today and it kills!

Comment

Its ugly on a clean sound. Like I would ever need that anyhow. I don't even have a neck pickup installed, lol.
                    But I have had the damn thing since 86, I would assume that I like it.

Comment

Working...
                    X