Pickup forum?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pickup forum?

What do you guys reckon to the idea of a Pickup forum on the JCF? A forum dedicated to the 'What pickups does XXX use?' and 'whats a good pup for metal' type threads.
    Cos the Tech Q+A is inundated with these types of questions, I just thought it might be an idea to have a seperate forum? So people can go there to search for info on pickups as opposed to asking the same question over and over again (damn EMGS [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] )
    Maybe have some sticky topics about EMGs and about passive and active pickups and stuff?
    Thoughts on this guys?

Jamesy

Re: Pickup forum?

I'd vote on it. I usually hop over to the Seymour Duncan forum if I've got specific questions on pickups. It would be nice to see something devoted soley to pickups here, though. Nice idea.

Comment

I'm in. Good idea.
      My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

....i raise my beer to you sir. that's a killer idea. i'll check with the other dicks...er, i mean "my partners!"

sully
        Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
        Sully Guitars on Facebook
        Sully Guitars on Google+
        Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

I think pickup forum is not needed since there are categories for Amp/Effects and artist related where usually people ask/answer questions about pickups.
          And about what artists use what,can be also found on Dunca,Dimarzio websites.
          Information is everywhere on web.
          If you want to know who use what, this goe sto the category of Artists related category which already exists.

Instead, it will be better to have a collection/new perchase category where people can post pics to show thier gears,new prchases stuff since MANY of us love to see/want pics of what we have/get and JCF gallery hasn't been updated for a long period of time.

[ September 07, 2003, 06:03 PM: Message edited by: dinkyjacksonman ]

Comment

It might be a good idea.
            The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

I'd go along with a Pickup section in the Tech forum, but then again, people would probably still look and post in the wrong section (i.e. what does xx use in their guitar), but a separate Pickup section might work better.

As for posting pics of new purchases and collections, that's part of what the Import and USA and General and/or Non-CJ Related sections are for.

What we really need are Basic Rules on the front page:
              Rule #1 - It's spelled "Rhoads", not Roads, Rhodes, or Rohads
              Rule #2 - The "FT Worth TX USA" neckplates are only found on Japanese-made guitars, not USA made guitars.

That way people coming in the door see it clearly (kinda like the sign on the door of a convenience store that says No Smoking or No Shirt, No Shoes, No Service [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] )

Newc
              I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I've always wanted to see this posted:

"Shirt and shoes required, bra's and panties optional" [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

A pickup forum might be pretty nice. It might contain artist-related pickup questions (god forbid) and electronics problems/help ("How do you solder?", "What does 18V do compared to 9V", explaining pots/switches, etc.).

And who can forget our favorite pickup lines? Ahhh yes, a forum for us dudes to share the best of the best, truly helping the JCF brotherhood out. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Great idea [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] !

Comment

Very cool idea, Jamesy! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
                      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I like the idea. It may end alot of the same questions being asked over and over again. Not that I mind helping out those in need of info it's just frustrating at times when you just finished responding to a post and somebody adds another on the same topic just worded differently.
                        Gil

Comment

WOO!!!
                          I had a good idea! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                          If it gets made can I get something by my name like the "BaNnEd AsS" thing that says "Inventor of the pickup forum" ? [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                          Cos awarding me mod status would be daft cos Im off to uni in less than a week and I wont be on here as much (God forbid lol).
                          That is, if you decide to award me at all. Im not saying I need/deserve/want it (ok Id want it lol( but Im just talking randomly.
                          Anyway, rambling over.
                          Im glad its a decent idea, cos all my ideas seem decent in my mind lol [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Jamesy

Comment

one of the very best ideas ever heared on a guitar forum, great idea Whitey!! [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img] (me se hoping it is up very soon)

harrald

Comment

I don't think its necessary at all. The same questions will get asked over and over again wether its in "Tech" or "Pickups", because people don't read, just post.
                              If I want pickup info, I too head to the Seymour Duncan Forum and scan through a few pages of posts. You learn a lot that way.

Comment

Working...
                              X