Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Buying Another Jackson, Need Help with Identifying the Model!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buying Another Jackson, Need Help with Identifying the Model!

I found a Jackson I want to buy, but I cant tell the model, so im not sure if the price is right. The serial # is JA0081. Its in good condition and has an archtop, HH, binding on body/neck/head, brown maple top with dark wood back, dot inlays, 24 fret... Made in USA... Can anyone help ID this guitar and know what a reasonable price I should pay would be?

Im trying to figure how to post a pic from my phone...

Thanks.
    Last edited by JTWUSMC; 01-12-2014, 03:42 PM.

Should be a 1988 neck thru archtop. No guess on the value.
    96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

Thanks for the info. In the research I've done, I see there were only about 100 +\ of these made. Im not finding it easy to put a $$$$ behind this Jackson. anyone shed some light on what I should pay for this thing?

Comment

This one? This is a pic of JA0081.
        If it has a Khaler in it now, it's been modified.

Audiophile has created a photo gallery of many known JA series USA guitars.

Last edited by rjohnstone; 08-06-2013, 04:37 PM.
        -Rick

Comment

I may be off by a few digits on the serial #. Just going by memory. I have found pics of the same guitar online and everything looks stock (this one has the white logo). Just hard to value... I want to buy this tomorrow, but its 2k. Thats a lot of money for me and I want to be sure im not upside down in it...
          Last edited by JTWUSMC; 08-06-2013, 05:13 PM.

Comment

This isnt the bastardized one that was on the bay recently is it? I thought I remembered one with a kahler slapped onto one. Its the Les Paul style Kahler
            Haters gonna hate
            Dilluting the brand one MUTT at a time.

Comment

No, l think its stock.
              Last edited by JTWUSMC; 08-06-2013, 06:15 PM.

Comment

See the link below. The third jackson pictured leaning on the tree with the birst finish looks like the exact the exact guitar.

Comment

A little advice... guitars are bad investment tools.
                  Buy it because you like and think the price is fair to you.
                  2k for an Ontario era JA is a tad on the high side, but still not unheard of. The Khaler doesn't help it either.
                  But if its been well cared for and you like it. Go for it.
                  Just never expect any guitar to automatically increase in value. You will get burned a majority of the time.
                  -Rick

Comment

Originally posted by JTWUSMC View Post
                    See the link below. The third jackson pictured leaning on the tree with the birst finish looks like the exact the exact guitar.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jackson_Soloist
                    Nice... that one has a JT-6. Easily swapped for a Floyd, but the JT-6 isn't too bad.
                    -Rick

Comment

RJOHNSTONE, Thanks a million for the good idea on value. I definitely like this guitar. Just putting a lot of money into it and need to know I can get it back if I run into an emergency or something. I'll talk to the guy and see if we can work something out.

Comment

Got a pic online finally! Here is the actual guitar. Assuming by previous statement that the bridge is not original to this Jackson?

Comment

Looks nice.
                          Might be an aftermarket mod. Did you get the actual serial number?
                          That might help in determining if that was ordered that way or done later.
                          A pic of the back might prove insightful as well.
                          Either way, that bridge looks pretty good on that guitar.
                          I'm also a sucker for dots with binding.
                          -Rick

Comment

I dont have a pic of the back, but there were no nut holes in the back of the neck. Also, no holes in the back of the body where strings would go through (smooth solid back). Could it be a custom shop upgrade?

Comment

Anything made before 1990 is a custom.
                              Customers could request whatever they wanted on the guitar.
                              I've seen this bridge on a handful of Jacksons, so it's possible it shipped that way.
                              -Rick

Comment

Working...
                              X