Jackson/Charvel offsets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson/Charvel offsets

Outside of the Surfcasters, Has Jackson or Charvel ever done a Hotrod offset?

If so, are there pics or do any of the forum members own one?
    Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day, set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

No.
    I will sacrifice Gracie Law to appease my emperor and live out my earthly pleasures with Miao Yin!

Comment

Technically, the LS (and LSX) series from the mid-nineties sport offset waists, and I think there was a Jackson line that used the same body shape (Fusion, maybe?) There are also a few bastard offspring of the Surfcaster on both sides of the family: Jackson NoCaster and Outcaster, as well as the EM-SC and EM-SCB Charvels (Japan-only releases). I guess there's the Skatecaster too if we're really counting.
      I will sacrifice Gracie Law to appease my emperor and live out my earthly pleasures with Miao Yin!

Comment

Would the early 90's Jackson Infinity qualify?
        96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

The Mark Morton Dominion
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

@Mudlark- Infinity! That's the one (not Fusion like I had semi-remembered.) Same body shape as the LS/LSX Charvels, just keeping the Jackson pointy headstock.

@toejam- The MM Dominion has the rounded squishy shape usually associated with offsets, but the waist angle wouldn't qualify it as an 'offset guitar' as defined in the original Fender patent. (the usual benchmark for such definitive offset cork-sniffery.)

Comment

I guess what had hit me as funny was that I've never heard of someone back in the 80's taking a Fender offset to Wayne's shop for a bit of refinement.

Like Jake did for his b/w.

The Morton is more rev firebird than Jazzmaster.
              Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day, set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

Originally posted by SignoftheDragon View Post
                @toejam- The MM Dominion has the rounded squishy shape usually associated with offsets, but the waist angle wouldn't qualify it as an 'offset guitar' as defined in the original Fender patent. (the usual benchmark for such definitive offset cork-sniffery.)
                Good point about the waist angle. It is similar to a non-reverse Firebird and looks more offset than it really is. Personally, I think it's one of the most comfortable guitars for standing or sitting. I usually always play with a guitar between my legs, classical style, as it has always felt uncomfortable for me to play on my right leg, but I can actually rest the Dominion on my right leg without any problem at all.
                I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
                X