Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just sent another Charvel off to Mike Learn...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just sent another Charvel off to Mike Learn...

....and for the first time, I have no solid idea of what the finish is going to be. To that end, I flipped the problem on its heads and decided what it WILL NOT be in terms of colors and graphics. Funny thing is I have the next two guitars I'm sending to him all figured out but I don't have all the parts for them yet so they're going to have to wait.

Hell Yeah... that sounds so ballsy but at the same time definitely something that will get the juices flowing. I bet the anticipation will be so intense not quite knowing what you receive. I am on wait to get my XPL Kelly back, I got word it is getting painted this week Then I think I am going to send him a black KE-2, get the neck pick-up cavity filled and have it painted to look like it is wrapped in body armour like a knight from medieval times. I will let him use his creativity to design the armour. Waiting on a guestimate now on the cavity fill.
    I like black and white guitars

Comment

Oh, I'm going to know what I'm getting before he starts on it. Typically when I send him a guitar I have a very good idea of what I want, even if it's just at a high level.

Comment

I'm sure it will be great! I can't wait to see it.

I have one I want to send to Mike, but the ol' government shutdown has me waiting for $$.
        "Some days you're the dog, other days you're the hydrant." - on the back of the business card for Bella the Pomeranian

The comments expressed here do not necessarily reflect the opinions of management.

Comment

I'm just glad to hear he's doing okay. I sent him an email when all the Colorado flooding was going on to see if he was doing okay and never heard back. I didn't want to send a follow up in case I gave off a creepy stalker vibe.
          GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

My CS Kelly is with an airbrush guy at the moment, I'm hoping to have it back in a couple of weeks... can't wait to see it, I'll post pics when it arrives of course!

Comment

After much thought and visual iteration, I've settled on a design for the guitar I just sent to Mike so now I just have to wait for it to be done. It's going to be my take on a classic Charvel finish and the more I look at the mockup the more excited I get.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt_B View Post
                After much thought and visual iteration, I've settled on a design for the guitar I just sent to Mike so now I just have to wait for it to be done. It's going to be my take on a classic Charvel finish and the more I look at the mockup the more excited I get.
                Do you know when you will sending him your guitar? Pretty stoked on seeing what you chose and how it comes out. I just talked to him today to go over my idea of a Kelly looking like it is wrapped in a suit of armor. Now I am just waiting for my XPL to be finished and ready for return and then I will mail my KE-2 to him. I asked about a a pick-up cavity filled, so it may lose a pick-up and a knob/switch in the process. I hope to have it done and back home by Christmas. He did say that NAMM is approaching so things will be getting hectic. So the sooner the better if you wanna beat the rush.

Comment

Originally posted by walshula View Post
                  Do you know when you will sending him your guitar?
                  i already sent it out. He received it last Thursday.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt_B View Post
                    i already sent it out. He received it last Thursday.

Comment

Hey you can't just leave us hanging like this. Is this classic finish an anagram of "dork cognac" by chance?

Comment

Originally posted by Axewielder View Post
                        Hey you can't just leave us hanging like this. Is this classic finish an anagram of "dork cognac" by chance?
                        no, it's definitely not that.

Comment

Cool...He has done some great stuff for me over the years

Comment

And it quickly got narrowed down to Hot Rod Flames.
                            Custom Guitars, Refinish and restorations.
                            http://www.learnguitars.com

Comment

Originally posted by Learn Guitars View Post
                              And it quickly got narrowed down to Hot Rod Flames.
                              ....and there goes all the suspense.

Comment

Working...
                              X