Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just sent another Charvel off to Mike Learn...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Custom Guitars, Refinish and restorations.
      http://www.learnguitars.com

Comment

Har har. Can't wait to see the finished product!

Comment

Originally posted by walshula View Post
          Hell Yeah... that sounds so ballsy but at the same time definitely something that will get the juices flowing. I bet the anticipation will be so intense not quite knowing what you receive. I am on wait to get my XPL Kelly back, I got word it is getting painted this week Then I think I am going to send him a black KE-2, get the neck pick-up cavity filled and have it painted to look like it is wrapped in body armour like a knight from medieval times. I will let him use his creativity to design the armour. Waiting on a guestimate now on the cavity fill.
          I sent a RR to Mike last year with instructions to do whatever the hell he felt like doing.Kicked back and waited for pix.
          Results were.............................................. fucking awesome.

“But does it help with the blues rock chatter?"-Hellbat

Comment

Holy Hell! THAT is amazing.
            96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

So how does Mike do it? For example, if I send him a Charvel, does he strip the currently poly finish, repaint it and add a new clear poly topcoat?

Comment

Originally posted by psychodave View Post
                So how does Mike do it? For example, if I send him a Charvel, does he strip the currently poly finish, repaint it and add a new clear poly topcoat?
                yup. That's the short version.

Comment

That is good to know. I may have to get some "work" done.

Comment

I've sent Mike both finished and unfinished bodies. They all come out the same - awesome!

Comment

Originally posted by Matt_B View Post
                      I've sent Mike both finished and unfinished bodies. They all come out the same - awesome!
                      Have any pics of the finished ones??? If so... please share
                      I like black and white guitars

Comment

Follow these links for pics:
                        Multicam
                        Real Feel Snakeskin
                        Not a Charvel
                        Desert Warbird
                        Fender Strat
                        Last edited by Matt_B; 10-22-2013, 02:35 PM.

Comment

Very cool stuff. I would love to get some cool camo design.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt_B View Post
                            Those are rather badass!!! I remember the Desert Warbird when it was posted a little bit back. It was sorta what got me on my kick to have a guitar looked like it was wrapped in a suit of armor like a knight after seeing it how he did the bolted steel and the way the pick-up covers was done. It got my juices flowing for sure. I originally thought of doing a Kelly but since have fallen into a King V. So... I think i will have it done instead. I am getting more and more worked up to get it to him, especially after seeing those beauts
                            I like black and white guitars

Comment

Love that warbird!
                              "Some days you're the dog, other days you're the hydrant." - on the back of the business card for Bella the Pomeranian

The comments expressed here do not necessarily reflect the opinions of management.

Comment

Originally posted by walshula View Post
                                Have any pics of the finished ones??? If so... please share
                                Since I don't have a van I got this on my guitar....

GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Working...
                                X