Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just sent another Charvel off to Mike Learn...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a Charvel 750 XL that some idiot butchered the bridge pickup cavity with a hammer and screwdriver. It will need to have the cavity routed and a block of maple glued in and the pickup cavity rerouted to proper shape and body cap contour, as well as a compete refinish. Would Mike Learn be the guy for this project? I know he paints guitars, but can he do the cavity repair properly??

Comment

Wow, those pics look great. Warbird and multi camo are killer. I was thinking about some crazy dot matrix camo design.

Comment

Originally posted by walshula View Post
        Have any pics of the finished ones??? If so... please share
        Since your runnin with a KV2...

“But does it help with the blues rock chatter?"-Hellbat

Comment

Originally posted by workerunit View Post
          I have a Charvel 750 XL that some idiot butchered the bridge pickup cavity with a hammer and screwdriver. It will need to have the cavity routed and a block of maple glued in and the pickup cavity rerouted to proper shape and body cap contour, as well as a compete refinish. Would Mike Learn be the guy for this project? I know he paints guitars, but can he do the cavity repair properly??
          It's my understanding he can do pretty much anything to a guitar and do it well but I would contact him for the specifics. In some instances it can be cheaper just to buy a new body.

Comment

getting me even more anxious. I wonder if that is the color we discussed for the look of knight's armor??? i am still in debate if I want a shiny or tarnished/blackened look. Leaning towards tarnished/blackened steel
            Originally posted by len View Post
            Since your runnin with a KV2...

I like black and white guitars

Comment

Originally posted by workerunit View Post
              I can handle what ever you need done on the guitar as I custom build instruments as well. www.learnguitars.com
              Custom Guitars, Refinish and restorations.
              http://www.learnguitars.com

Comment

Mike is your guy, does awesome work! Here is a San Dimas Rhoads as well as a USA Pro Mod glow in the dark he did for me

Rudy
                www.metalinc.net

Comment

We need a dedicated "Show Your Mike Learn's" thread.

Comment

Ought to fire it up Len!!! Which category would that thread be put in??? My XPL was shipped back to me yesterday (I believe) and I should get it early this upcoming week. So excited, even though it is just a simple refinish with no graphics it is still exciting to her back and looking fresh and tasty. My next one will have graphics though. I hope to send it out early in the month of November
                    I like black and white guitars

Comment

Agree with you 150%!!!! Mike does some of the BEST work out there....P-E-R-I-O-D! \m/
                      *Kramer Focus 4000 "V" 85' with OFR \m/
                      *Kramer Focus 1000 85' with OFR \m/
                      *Randall RG100ES Full Stack (85') Black Tolex with Matching R412JB & R412JT Jaguar Loaded Cabs "THE "DIME" METAL MONSTER" \m/
                      Randall RG100ES (88') Gray Carpet "THE METAL MONSTER" \m/
                      *Ampeg VH140C HEAD....O.M.G. METAL HEAVEN! \m/
                      *ADA MP-1 (3.666 RECTO/SOLDANO) MOD* \m/
                      *Digitech RP-1 "THE ORIGINAL" \m/
                      *Morley Vai Bad Horsie 2 Wah \m/

​*LONG LIVE THE M-E-T-A-L!" \m/

Comment

Lady camo checkin' in....

Sully
                        Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                        Sully Guitars on Facebook
                        Sully Guitars on Google+
                        Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

^^ Major Boner

Comment

That thing is killer Sully!!!
                            This is what I think of Gibson since 1993. I HATE BEING LEFT HANDED! I rock out to Baby metal because Wilkinsi said I can't listen to Rick Astley anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by leftykingv2 View Post
                              That thing is killer Sully!!!
                              What he said
                              Rudy
                              www.metalinc.net

Comment

I wanted a classic but simple graphic added to my plain ol' black strat, and Mike did a great job on that as well!

_________________________________________________
                                "Artists should be free to spend their days mastering their craft so that working people can toil away in a more beautiful world."
                                - Ken M

Comment

Working...
                                X