Rainbow Crackle question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rainbow Crackle question

Was this a Charvel only finish or did Jackson do it too?

The reason is I just bought one with a Jackson neck, sharkies, bound, reverse hs. Looks an awful lot like a DXMG neck to me.
    I don't mind much as I went in thinking it was a mutt.

Can you post pics ? Most likely a mutt. From best I can tell, they only made the rainbow crackle in 1988-89. I have a rainbow crackle late 1988 Model 6.

edited to add pic.
    Last edited by lepard; 10-08-2013, 09:58 PM.

Comment

A few USA Jacksons had it.
      Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

It seems to be a Predator body, 1 hum, 1 single slanted. It's definitely not a USA.
        Last edited by Force; 10-09-2013, 04:23 AM.

Comment

That's actually a 1989 Fusion Deluxe body in 24 3/4" scale. I hope they put a Fusion 24 3/4" scale neck on it. Actually, now that I think about it, do you think Chavel/Jackson was smart enough to make the bodies interchangeable with the neck making up the total difference in scale between a Dinky and Fusion ?
          Last edited by lepard; 10-09-2013, 07:16 AM.

Comment

It's a mutt.

Does it intonate? I have had luck with putting a short scale 24 fret neck on a 25.5" 24 fret body, but I've never tried it the other way. Curious if it would work.

Comment

The Schaller turned up, put it in last night. Now the input jack has topped itself

Anyway, I think I'll put these on more of my guitars. Still needs setting up properly but damn these things are insane.

Using 2 springs for that spongy flutter effect, loving it.

Comment

Working...
              X