No announcement yet.

Wow have things changed!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ah. I see. Guess I'm getting old and this new fangled interweb is beyond me now lol
    My YouTube Videos | My SoundCloud Page

Comment

Things are changing. With the advent of the internet and especially compressed digital music consisting of 1's and 0's, the bar hasn't been raised it has been changed and transformed into something that is so far removed from the pure and organic and natural source that created it it could well be something completely different.

Adversely there are big revivals as a protest vote, in revulsion maybe, but being over reactionary, they are for the older stuff, but these are exaggerated and take the the form of beyond middle aged propfessionals trying to learn the white mans blues on Fender Strats.

So it is little wonder then, that the mainstay from Jackson these days are seven strings and new metal touch play devices which require the most delicate and efficient of techniques to play.

The progression is clear to see. '90's metal virtuosos's spelled a decline in the music for me back in the day as they set the new standard, just as LP's were phased out, to be replaced by clipped CD's and then the compressed internet. I didn't get any of it at the time. I still don't.

The new generation of folks these days have lost the ability to identify the blues rock chatter. They are inately deaf to it. They are cultured this way. All they know are compressed 1's and 0's, provide for them on their media and virtual solid state, uber distorted digital amplification. This is what they think music is.

The days of LP's and high definition along with recording hiss, volume and bad timing and bad tuning are gone and so is the heart and soul of the instrument if you ask me.

It's not Jackson that have lost their way, it is the music.

I imagine that if I was 8 years old today and heard the new metal that is about, played pitch perfectly with such efficient and most delicate of techniques, that could well be replicated by some digital synthetic, honestly I think I would probably be a country fan. It does nothing for me. It doesn't compare to those '80's LP's. It is a completely different genre.

Everything these days is moderate, politically correct, humble, mundane and unable, by law, to express individual personality. It's bollocks, just like the seven string guitars they are pushing out.

Everything is a numbers game these days. It is a banal race where we seemed to have lost the finish line and the trophies and rewards for winning simply don't exist. GDP GDP GDP.

Society is judged not by the state of society, quality of life or the environment but simply how we can rack the numbers up for the weathiest. It seems that our kids must compete with the chinese and are told they must be schooled all year around 14 hours a day to compete with them.

We have forgotten, or are kept from, what we are working for and just work to exist, as we all know there is no pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. It is a numbers game just to survive, there is no pot of gold at the end of the rainbow, there are no rewards.

Pagan idolatory, iconism, flag waving and individualism in our humble 21st century chinese communo-capitalist, factory farmed, workhouse existence are considered bourgois and inappropriate qualities to aspire to. We are told by our masters that we are lucky to just exist. It is not about innovation and inspiration, it is about repetition as efficiently as possible.

So, in this world where we have lost focus for the reason we were put here in the first place and judge everything by numbers, it is little wonder that guitars have developed seven strings when six were more than adequate.

Why do they even have the cheek to call these things guitars? They are about as far removed from the original Jacksons as you can get.

Disclaimer: The views expressed by this sweeping statement that is mainly full of shite are mine only.
      Last edited by ginsambo; 10-26-2013, 03:46 AM.
      You can't really be jealous of something you can't fathom.

Comment

Originally posted by Chad View Post
        And so it goes for companies with a legacy....

Try to venture out with new designs/specs to reach consumers in the modern market and old school fans cry.

Stay with only the old school designs/specs, and people cry that you're losing touch and not innovative enough.

It's a difficult balance. Not saying I agree or disagree with the changes...just making an observation.
        Agreed!
        An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind.
        A tooth for a tooth means we all eat through a straw.

Comment

I don't know that Fender will even keep ownership of this brand forever. I see them dumping Charvel Jackson at some point to another entity. Lets face it the made in China Charvel stuff was absolute trash and overpriced junk meant for the fireplace. And Im not mentioning how bad the Jackson product is becuase the reputation is already out there for the asia guitars... Sure you can buy a PC1 Phil Collen USA Custom shop for $4,500+ USD. But how good is a custom shop guitar.. its only so good :-( .. The guitars my Dad gave me made in the late 80s and 1990s are by far better and it deos not matter if they were made in USA or Japan. Fender will dump both brands at some point after they are both toast.

Comment

Working...
          X