Charvel/Jackson mahogany

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by neilli View Post
    Nice grab! I have a koa SD1 and used to have a mahogany, so was tempted to get this one just so I could say I'd had all three LOL
    I guess I was a bit in advantage because the seller is a Montreal local. Quite cool axe!

Comment

Anybody knows anything more about this SD-I 95-96 Koa ,Mahogany and Lacewood series?
      I think I`ve read somewhere that about 300 only were made.

Comment

I also had a trans red SD3 and trans purple SD4. The mahog SD1 I had was a later one, with the black charvel neckplate and a toggle instead of a blade. Here's a link to the catalogues from Henrik's site..

Popular is not the same as good
        Rare is not the same as valuable
        Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Sorry for a small Hijack

how consistent has the production been for the SD Reissues?
          I see those with, or without plastic neckplate, skunk stripe, recessed heel, blade switch
          "There's nothing taking away from the pure masculinity I possess"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

The early SD 1's had the 5 way blade, and the Jackson neck plate, later ones had the 3 way toggle, and the black Charvel neck plate. Here's an early one I used to own.The later ones also had OFR's, the early ones had Schaller branded ones.
            Last edited by jacksonaxes; 10-29-2013, 10:23 AM.
            METAL, LIVE IT!

Comment

Awesome axes really.

Comment

Noticed that the rosewood fretboard is flat on the top and arched in the bottom where it`s glued to the neck. First time I see one like this. Normal?

Comment

Nice lacewood! If you're talking about the little scallop on the lower horn, that's normal on some Jacksons and Charvels.
                  I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                    Nice lacewood! If you're talking about the little scallop on the lower horn, that's normal on some Jacksons and Charvels.
                    No. I`m talking about the rosewood fretboard piece. Flat on the top and arched at the bottom from an end to another. I mean the thickness of the board varies from an end to another.
                    And it doesn`t seem to be accidental.

Comment

Oh, I think I know what you're talking about... it may be normal. Post a pic of the area.
                      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
                      X