matt's music guitar specs thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• matt's music guitar specs thread

here ya go... hammer it out and make it happen!

sully
    Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
    Sully Guitars on Facebook
    Sully Guitars on Google+
    Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Re: matt\'s music guitar specs thread

Yeah!

If you guys can agree on something, I'll get it priced for you. If you want it to be truly unique it will have to be custom shop, but if you can live with a USA Select with finish/hardware/pickup changes, it will be a bit more affordable. Either way, we need 10 to make it work. Jackson requires a minimum of 10 for a USA Select "small batch" and if it's going to be a Custom Shop piece we should try to get as close to 10 pieces as possible so we can keep the price down for everyone. I'll be happy to take one of them for myself either way.

Out of curiosity, am I the only one here with a JJP?

Matt [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    Special deals for JCF members on Jackson/Charvel, Suhr, Anderson, Nash, Splawn, Bogner, LSL, Ibanez, Diezel, Friedman, Bad Cat, 3rd Power, Dr. Z, ENGL and more. FREE SHIPPING! 0% FINANCING!

Comment

What is a JJP? If it's like a JJ then I gotta know more!

Comment

JJP was a Les Paul Junior (not arched top) with one hum, one knob, and a bolt on neck.
        There was one on Ebay going cheap in two pieces (body and neck) and I let it get away like a dumbass [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Newc
        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

You're kidding me... This "is" the Jackson forum, right? [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

The JJP is a USA bolt on dinky sized Les Paul Jr lookin' thing that was only built for one year (1996 I think).

Stock, it only had one humbucker and a volume knob but I've done a bunch of mods to it since. I liked it because it had the same layout as my 1984 bolt on Jackson Strat but it had a Les Paul look to it.
          Special deals for JCF members on Jackson/Charvel, Suhr, Anderson, Nash, Splawn, Bogner, LSL, Ibanez, Diezel, Friedman, Bad Cat, 3rd Power, Dr. Z, ENGL and more. FREE SHIPPING! 0% FINANCING!

Comment

I'd ideally love a solid black WR1 the way it's done right now (unpainted neck, no heel) but with a black tunomatic bridge. There's my dream guitar right there... [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] It's nothing totally "fancy" and is rather simple.

Comment

This is going to be funny - I can see this thread bogging down in everything BUT the original MMC Guitar specs [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Newc
              I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

Comment

Newc... looks like we're off to a brilliant start!
                [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Ok everyone, think single humbucker, Soloist!

Comment

OK, I'm in no position to be buying a new guitar, but I hate to see this opportunity fall by the wayside for those that would actually benefit from it. So, I'll post my suggestions, going on the assumption that pickup and finish changes will keep it within Select Series price range. The first is loosely based on my Hamer Californian Elite, a fantastic axe that has been discontinued for years.

Matt's Music / JCF Soloist

*based on SL2H-MAH Mahogany Soloist with following modifications:

- Faded Wine Red finish over flame maple
                  - DiMarzio PAF Pro humbucker(s) - (bridge only, unless neck p/u req'd)
                  - Black hardware

Again, that's just my humble suggestion, basing it on a Select Series SL2H-MAH for pricing purposes. If it could stray a bit further from existing model specs, or people wanted something totally different, here is suggestion #2:

Matt's Music / JCF Dinky

- Swamp ash Dinky body
                  - Quartersawn oiled maple bolt-on neck
                  - 24-fret maple fretboard w\ ebony sharkfin inlays
                  - Natural maple headstock w\ black logo
                  - Transparent Black finish over ash (no veneer)
                  - Seymour Duncan Full Shred humbucker
                  - Black hardware

I'm taking a couple of ideas from the old JRS models, namely the maple fretboard, natural headstock and transparent finish over ash. Just something for you guys to ponder...
                  sigpic

Comment

We could prolly get 10 people to commit to a Blood Splatter Star.
                    Id get one of these..... [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                    "Now remember, things look bad and it looks like you're not gonna make it, then you gotta get mean. I mean plumb, mad-dog mean. 'Cause if you lose your head and you give up then you neither live nor win. That's just the way it is. ":JOSEY WALES

Comment

Ok, since Jack seems to have disappeared, I'll transfer his specs here:

Matt's Music Center Soloist:
                      Black Cherry
                      Regular Fins
                      Regular Headstock
                      Iveroid Binding
                      24 Frets
                      Non-Recessed Floyd
                      24.75 Scale
                      1 Hum
                      Vol/(maybe Tone - bash it out amongst yourselves)
                      Black Hardware
                      Jumbo Frets
                      Mahogany Body
                      Mahogany Neck
                      G&G Case

And as Matt from MMC added later:
                      1) Hardware color could be differant on each guitar I suppose, after all they will all be Custom Shop guitars if we're going with the single hum Soloist. But, the pricing might be a little different from guitar to guitar, depending on hardware color. Either way, if hardware color is the only sticking point, we can work around it.

2) I'm the new guy here and I sure don't want to impose on what's been done before. If the JCF logo was used on the last guitar you guys did and if the support isn't there to do something like that again, it's not a problem. But... these are custom shop guitars. Although they will all share the same features, Jackson will build them the way you guys want them built. You tell me what you want on them and between me and Jackson, we'll get it done.

3) As far as the turnaround time goes, I'd be surprised if they came in any sooner than 9 months. I'm easy to deal with, if we can get 10 people on the forum to commit and put down a deposit on the guitars, the rest will be easy. I've got financing available for anyone that needs it through GE Capital and I can go up to 6 months for you with no payments and no interest.
                      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">As far as I can determine from the other thread, these are the specs the interested parties have to haggle over, but it does seem to be centered around a Floyded single-hum short-scale Soloist, so if all are agreed to those basics, the buyers who are seriously interested need to bash it all out here.

Newc (lending a hand)

[ September 12, 2003, 01:36 AM: Message edited by: Newc ]

Comment

A lot of folks around here are fans of flat mounted floyds.

Comment

I'm likin' this so far, one hum, one knob, wine or black cherry... [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]

I'm in on this if it turns out like that!

Comment

I've already said this in the other thread...I'm in as presented.
                            -neckthrough
                            -24 frets
                            -short scale
                            -ebony board
                            -fins
                            -non-recessed FLoyd or string thru
                            -ivoroid binding
                            -one hum (whatever model)
                            -one knob
                            -Black Cherry with Gold Hardware (1st choice)
                            -Black Paint with whatever (2nd choice)
                            -Mahogany is cool
                            Tarbaby Fraser.

Comment

Hey Matt could you post a pic or email one to me of that JJP guitar of yours? I really dig that shape myself, I'd like to see yours.

Comment

Working...
                              X