X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: matt\'s music guitar specs thread

Originally posted by KMaynard:
    OK Dave,

Whether it's all good or not .. At least explain to me why the admins were not asked about using the JCFOnline or JCF logos?.. I've explained in a letter to Jack why and I would gladly expain it to you in private if you had emailed me. I think your going to miss out on a good thing simply because it won't have a JCF logo or stamp on it and that's just crazy. With that said it's also obvious by my prior posts that it nay be possible to stamp it on the truss rod cover provided the admins discussed it and were on board. This tells me that you personally don't care why we are protecting the logo or even that we admins should have a say into whether or not it's on this project .. this wasn't sanctioned by the JCF itself but by a dealer and a few members .. again ..I'd really appreciate some intelligent input on this instead of the lack of opinion I'm getting
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">You're reading waaaaayy to much into this Kev.

I'm done

[ September 12, 2003, 02:32 PM: Message edited by: budman68 ]
    Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Originally posted by TEKKY:
      Do all of the Admins truly come off as unreasonable monsters?

We do not ban people just because the wind blows a certain direction. Every banishment has a reason.

Just because you don't agree with policies that we've set or decisions we've made doesn't mean that we're gonna ban you or take any sort of disciplinary action as payback. Look around, there is quite a bit of dissention over a few of the more recent policies that have been enacted. When you look at those threads, note that everyone who has stated that they don't agree with something is still around.
      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">So much for me being done..... [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

TEKKY:
      It's me man, I'm the one who will get majorly pissed off and say something I WILL regret. It has nothing to do with the ADMINS. It's me, I know how I'll get if I let this bother me anymore so I'm just letting it die. I have no problems with ANY ADMINS and I don't plan to and now this thread has been ruined for Jack. Once again, please just let it die and let Jack have his project.

Now I'm done,, I really mean this time. No really! [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Dave->
      Dave ->

Comment

To that I respond with a line from BASEketball -

"Wanna go get a sandwich?"

(No, I'm not kissing you like they did in the end of the movie! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] More importantly I'm not kissing you at all!)

[img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
        Occupy JCF

Comment

Thanks Todd- [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
          Dave->
          Dave ->

Comment

Originally posted by slayer:
            OK, we are still stuck at 2 Matt and Me [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Anyone else...
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">To return this thread back to the point, if I can get a definate list of the options, i'm in. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Ralph E, I'm with you. I've been in since page 1 but can't seem to get counted. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
              This sounds like a killer guitar...I hope it becomes a reality for us.
              Tarbaby Fraser.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy B:
                I've been in since page 1 but can't seem to get counted. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
                This sounds like a killer guitar...I hope it becomes a reality for us.
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I saw your post on pg. 1, and agree COMPLETELY with the specs (black cherry/gold hardware), so that makes...

ummmm...

err...

4. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Ralph, I PM`d you back with the specs, I forgot to add, the basic Fins-regular headstock-ebony-binding, that`s all basic stuff. Some are asking me about if they can get it without a Floyd, I am guessing String-Thru is what they meen, but not sure. Since that one is way different from the Floyd, I am not sure, will have to talk to Matt. Matt, if you read this stuff, please jump in at any time and kinda tell us how far different form the original specs we can go, other than the hardware color as you mentioned before, which you said was doable, some want non-Floyd, tone knob, splitter, etc, how much can be changed, but still get ordered under the 10 or more people discount order? Thank you-Jack.

Comment

I want a string throgh soloist(means without Floyd) with 1 hum and in Black color.
                    Gold Hardware is cool.

Comment

That`s cool, I have to wait until Matt responds with what we can/cannot get or vary from the original specs, and I really like all of the ideas you guys have come up with, it`s makes YOUR guitar yours and totally original, and that is always good [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img] Jack.

Comment

I definitely would not add custom electronics on the order form (like push-pull knobs) as that would add to the cost, and is simple enough to do once you get it in your hands.
                        Hardware color is another thing that's easily changed, just hang onto the original hardware.
                        If you guys approach this like you were the company building quality guitars at a low price, you'll find where you can ease the cost by leaving easily changeable personal preferences like hardware color and splitter knobs up to the buyer once he has taken possession of it. This way you can get a lower price on the unchangeable stuff like construction specs and paintwork.

Again, just helping out [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

And Jimmy - "Stand up and be counted, for what you are about to receive" [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Newc
                        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

That`s a great sugestion Newc, how does everyone else feel about that? Jack.

Comment

So... we've got 4 takers so far... Me, Ralph E, Jimmy B and Jack. It's possible to order each of these with different features I guess, I'd need to know exactly what each of you want on the guitars, then I can get prices on them. If they're all different, the prices will vary.

What we're talking about so far is a 24 fret short scale Soloist, single Duncan JB, single volume knob, non recessed original Floyd, black cherry finish, gold hardware. Right? I'm all for the oiled neck instead of painted but I'll go either way.

Body/neck wood? Mahogany with a flamed maple top is interesting to me. Anyone else?

Fretboard wood? Ebony or rosewood I'd guess with this color finish.

Fret size?
                            Binding?
                            Inlays?
                            Headstock direction?
                            Push/pull pot?

Sounds pretty cool so far. Let's see if we can agree on the rest of the stuff!

Matt [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
                            Special deals for JCF members on Jackson/Charvel, Suhr, Anderson, Nash, Splawn, Bogner, LSL, Ibanez, Diezel, Friedman, Bad Cat, 3rd Power, Dr. Z, ENGL and more. FREE SHIPPING! 0% FINANCING!

Comment

Hi Matt, Since I am not into this limited guitar,
                              I have a small group of people that would be interested in another limited edition guitar that we have been talking about (not here).
                              I need to find more people to bring close to 10.

Will e-mail you details and please let me know what you think and how much it will cost by e-mail.

[img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

HOw abouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut
                                Scalloped medium jumbo frets
                                alien hyroglypic*sp* inlays
                                reverse headstock
                                7 strings?
                                scalloped heal

I think i'm missing the whole concept*sp* of the thread... but those are some suggestions.

Comment

Working...
                                X