matt's music guitar specs thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: matt\'s music guitar specs thread

Black Cherry and gold sounds cool..Sharkfin or no inlays would look cool too ..I'm curious what the pricing will be like .. I think the days of select custom pricing are done and you guy's may be a bit shocked here..
    Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

2) I'm the new guy here and I sure don't want to impose on what's been done before. If the JCF logo was used on the last guitar you guys did and if the support isn't there to do something like that again, it's not a problem. But... these are custom shop guitars. Although they will all share the same features, Jackson will build them the way you guys want them built. You tell me what you want on them and between me and Jackson, we'll get it done.

I'm sorry but the JCF logo or serial cannot be used for this guitar. That will be reserved for the JCF series if it is ever resurrected. I'm personally not against JCF being inscribed in the truss covers but that is something I would prefer to discuss with the other admins...
      Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

Originally posted by KMaynard:
        2) I'm the new guy here and I sure don't want to impose on what's been done before. If the JCF logo was used on the last guitar you guys did and if the support isn't there to do something like that again, it's not a problem. But... these are custom shop guitars. Although they will all share the same features, Jackson will build them the way you guys want them built. You tell me what you want on them and between me and Jackson, we'll get it done.

I'm sorry but the JCF logo or serial cannot be used for this guitar. That will be reserved for the JCF series if it is ever resurrected. I'm personally not against JCF being inscribed in the truss covers but that is something I would prefer to discuss with the other admins...
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I was going to get into a big thing about this but forget it,
        I guess I'm out..... [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

Dave->

[ September 12, 2003, 01:35 PM: Message edited by: budman68 ]
        Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Dave if you have anything you'de like to discuss privately feel free to email me.

Comment

Nahh, it's cool. I like this place to much to be throw out for mere words. It's all good.

Dave->
            Dave ->

Comment

Dave, I am a little confused, are you saying you are out, just because it isn`t a JCF guitar? Please correct me if I am wrong, is it that big aof a deal, I respect your opinion on this, so it`s all cool.Kevin, I got a price, if we get 10 people on board, and the price is with Black hardware, please email me if you want the price: [email protected] Jack.

Comment

I'm not looking to fight with you or throw you out .. If you have any issue with that you can email me and open up a private discussion as to why we wont allow the JCF serials or logos to be used. .. There are other issues behind it and that is we need to protect it.

I guess what i'm saying is simple .. if you want to disagree with me that's fine as I don't expect everyone to go along with me and my beliefs. All I ever expect from anyone is to disagree with a level head and do it in a respectful way. Your opinions are just as valid as mine and are always taken into consideration ...

Comment

Black
                  Maple Neck black fins 24 (25.5)oiled
                  Gold Hardware
                  1 Knob Tapped
                  JB
                  www.kiddhavok.com
                  www.youtube.com/kiddhavokband

Comment

Yeah, Dave, it's all cool here - it's not like "You will receive a fair trial and then be hung" [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I mentioned in the other thread that if the Admins could get together and do whatever they do to give it an 'official stamp' and maybe have the forum's address on the truss rod cover, but as we saw not everyone was keeping up with that thread at that point. Sully was in there and he seen it [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                    I think it's doable, personally. It'll have a Jackson serial number, but will still have the JCF's affiliation (if the admins agree to that anyway).

Newc
                    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Well Sully hasn't mentioned nor pointed that out to me ..as far as the JCF being in the truss cover again .. I'm not against it but I'd like the 4 admins to discuss it

Comment

Originally posted by KMaynard:
                        I'm not looking to fight with you or throw you out .. If you have any issue with that you can email me and open up a private discussion as to why we wont allow the JCF serials or logos to be used. .. There are other issues behind it and that is we need to protect it.

I guess what i'm saying is simple .. if you want to disagree with me that's fine as I don't expect everyone to go along with me and my beliefs. All I ever expect from anyone is to disagree with a level head and do it in a respectful way. Your opinions are just as valid as mine and are always taken into consideration ...
                        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Kev,
                        I said it's all good, no hidden meanings, no nothing. If I thought that this was that big of a deal I would have went into a long winded paragraph or taken you up on your offer to get into a discussion, but it's not worth it. This is a great forum for me to visit, I like everyone here and I learn and help out when I can. There's no reason to ruin it by blurting out things I may regret later. It's all good(really), no hard feelings at all.

Jack, sorry buddy. The fact that I wanted it to be a JCF "project" does have a lot to do with it but there's other things too and it's just not going to work out for me. I hope your project works out for you though bud. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Dave->
                        Dave ->

Comment

OK, we are still stuck at 2 Matt and Me [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Anyone else, I am patient, and time isn`t a big factor, please let me know, maybe we can delay the order for a little while, but would like to do it, before prices go up, and they always do a little time to time. Thanks-Jack.

Comment

OK Dave,

Whether it's all good or not .. At least explain to me why the admins were not asked about using the JCFOnline or JCF logos?.. I've explained in a letter to Jack why and I would gladly expain it to you in private if you had emailed me. I think your going to miss out on a good thing simply because it won't have a JCF logo or stamp on it and that's just crazy. With that said it's also obvious by my prior posts that it nay be possible to stamp it on the truss rod cover provided the admins discussed it and were on board. This tells me that you personally don't care why we are protecting the logo or even that we admins should have a say into whether or not it's on this project .. this wasn't sanctioned by the JCF itself but by a dealer and a few members .. again ..I'd really appreciate some intelligent input on this instead of the lack of opinion I'm getting

Comment

Kevin, I didn`t even think of having any affiliation of the guitar to the JCF, and fully understand you guys not wanting it to be a JCF specific guitar, that`s cool, but I would if allowed to Honer the JCF by having JCF engraved on the Trussrod Cover if all of the Mods say it is OK, if not, that is cool also, just having the guitar made would be awsome in itself [img]graemlins/band.gif[/img] Thanks-Jack.

Comment

Do all of the Admins truly come off as unreasonable monsters?

We do not ban people just because the wind blows a certain direction. Every banishment has a reason.

Just because you don't agree with policies that we've set or decisions we've made doesn't mean that we're gonna ban you or take any sort of disciplinary action as payback. Look around, there is quite a bit of dissention over a few of the more recent policies that have been enacted. When you look at those threads, note that everyone who has stated that they don't agree with something is still around.
                                Occupy JCF

Comment

Working...
                                X