matt's music guitar specs thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: matt\'s music guitar specs thread

I am missing one key ingredient when it come to signing up for this sweet deal. Money. goddamnit to hell! [img]graemlins/images/icons/mad.gif[/img]

somebody here forgot my birthday! right?

It's ok, I"ll forgive you if you make a large donation, so I can get in on this.

Comment

Willie - I'll snap some pics and email them to you over the weekend.

Matt
      Special deals for JCF members on Jackson/Charvel, Suhr, Anderson, Nash, Splawn, Bogner, LSL, Ibanez, Diezel, Friedman, Bad Cat, 3rd Power, Dr. Z, ENGL and more. FREE SHIPPING! 0% FINANCING!

Comment

Hey NEWC, I didn`t dissapear, i just had to go to work, and what a long day it was [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] anyway, Matt you are doing a great job trying to get this ball rolling, and it seams you have put a claim to one, excellent [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img] Anyway, I am #2, is there anyone else? Is Black Cherry cool with everyone, and Matt did say we could choose Hardware color, so if you like Black-Gold or Chrome, that`s fine. I guess the basic pickup is the JB, so we all can change them later if you like, they actually sound very good in all Mahogany guitars!! so, with Matt, we have 2, anyone else in? Thank to all for putting up with me and yes this a dream guitar for me, but I also figured, hey let`s let everyone get a chance at aressurection of 1 Hum guitars, and have a rare Short scale version of it, and what better way than have the best guitar in the world with those features, and the mahogany will make it very unique and have a unique sound, deffinately different than Alder/Maple, I feel a very good difference to boot, so how about it fellows, who`s in, anyone else? If it doesn`t go down, I will just go to a little corner and cry like a [img]graemlins/baby.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] Only kidding, let`s see what happens [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img] Jack.

Comment

if the price is not incredibly high, i would love to be a part of this. (just don't tell my wife)

bound neck and headstock
          ebony fingerboard
          sharkfin inlays
          keep the electronics simple, just a volume knob would be fine
          fixed bridge (string thru body)
          black or chrome hardware
          black cherry finish
          oiled neck
          24 frets
          seymour duncan JB
          mahogany body and neck

Comment

Anyone have a bottle of Tylenol, I feel a headache comeing on [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/baby.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] seriously, I am starting to get a little confused and overwelmed a bit. Matt, it seams that everyone wants something a little different, so it looks like we aren`t going to get everyone on board for the same Specs, so the prices are deffinately going to be different and higher or lower depending on the individual guitars Specs, so we should all Email or Call Matt separately with out own Specs and her can give you a price for your own Dream guitar. Matt, I imagine this means no discount for 10 or more guitars now? Thanks-Jack.

[ September 13, 2003, 03:37 PM: Message edited by: slayer ]

Comment

Yes Jack, you have my heartfelt sympathy. Fun, isn't it? [img]graemlins/eyes.gif[/img]

Comment

Thanks Chuck, I guess I got in way over my head with this one [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img] Maybe we can try early next year, or maybe I will just buy a Custom Jackson on my own. I just thought it would be neat if we could get 10 really neat Custom Short Scale Soloists, that we could really treasuer and appreciate, I dought there are many Short Scale Solists with 1 Hum floating around out there, and I have been dreaming about one for years and figured maybe there are others with the same dream and we could all live it out together, but hey let`s see what materializes, but my guess it will die, because if we don`t all agree on the same Specs, there is No discount [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img] So, if there isn`t any discount, I might as well wait and do it on my own, but I am not mad or sad, I just wanted to see what happened, it`s all cool here [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] Jack.

Comment

Hey Jack I watched this on the old board as well as this one and I feel for you. I was very excited about the prospect till it went crazy. A suggestion , why don't you get a commitment of each individual spec,you know start with wood type ,then scale length etc. etc. and see where the major objections are. It maybe everybody will agree, or at least 10,with most specs and then iron out and compromise whatever specs are in question. Just a thought.

Comment

Maybe you guys should set up a poll? Then your voice is heard and you can still talk it out..Just a idea.

Ox

Comment

10 people can still work this out. If ten people really want a 1 Hum short scale soloist I'm sure some kind of compromise can be reached. The people that come in an suggested stupid stuff that is way off base....well...just ignore them I guess.

Comment

the problem is that people are being too picky about it.. the point is you want a one-hum soloist in mahogany, when you start arguing about smaller things that can be changed later on i.e. hardware color, it just ruins the project because 10 people won't agree on the same thing when you get in detail that much. The best way would be for Matt to just spec it out, and then once he has buyers that are interested they can talk about some details later on. Deciding on every little thing from the beginning of the project will take way too long and people will just get frustrated, then lose interest.

Comment

Ok... in that case, here are my specs.

Bound neck and headstock
                          Ebony fingerboard
                          Sharkfin inlays
                          1 volume knob only
                          Fixed bridge or Floyd, your choice.
                          Black, chrome or gold hardware, your choice.
                          Black cherry finish
                          Oiled neck
                          24 frets
                          Short Scale
                          Seymour duncan JB
                          Mahogany body and neck

Those that want a Floyd will have a price tag that is slightly higher than the string through body guitars. Even with the hardware and Floyd choices, I can still keep the prices down provided 10 people put their orders in.

Who's in?

Matt
                          Special deals for JCF members on Jackson/Charvel, Suhr, Anderson, Nash, Splawn, Bogner, LSL, Ibanez, Diezel, Friedman, Bad Cat, 3rd Power, Dr. Z, ENGL and more. FREE SHIPPING! 0% FINANCING!

Comment

Matt, I am cool with those options, and really appreciate you giving Bridge and Hardware choices. Not trying to make it anymore confusing, but is there a way we could have a choice of an Oiled or Painted neck? I never played an Oiled Neck and quite frankly not sure how they play? Could anyone explain the difference in feel of the 2? I am in!! That`s 1. Thanks-Jack.

Comment

Matt, forgot to ask if the G&G Case is still in and the Non-Recessed Floyd? Thanks-Jack.

Comment

Matt, will these have the Custom Shop logo on the headstock, just curious [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] Jack.

Comment

Working...
                                X