matt's music guitar specs thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: matt\'s music guitar specs thread

Hey Jack, go for an oiled neck, they play better [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] The only difference is that painted necks can get quite sticky sometimes, oiled necks are smoother..

[ September 14, 2003, 11:35 AM: Message edited by: Lev ]

Comment

Ok, I will try the Oiled Neck, what the heck [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img] So mine will be with the custom specs with the Floyd and Black hardware and oiled neck!! Matt still has to chime in on the G&G Case and Custom Shop logo on the headstock [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img] Jack.

Comment

if matt is giving people the choice of string thru vs floyd rose AND hardware color, I don't understand how this cannot work. those specs rule.

Comment

Yes, the G&G case will be included in this. I'll check with Jackson Monday morning and find out what we can do for a logo on the guitars. Can I get an idea of how many people are in on this with the specs as they stand right now, along with which of the available options you'd like?

Matt [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
          Special deals for JCF members on Jackson/Charvel, Suhr, Anderson, Nash, Splawn, Bogner, LSL, Ibanez, Diezel, Friedman, Bad Cat, 3rd Power, Dr. Z, ENGL and more. FREE SHIPPING! 0% FINANCING!

Comment

OK here are mine:

Matt's Music Center Soloist:
            Black Cherry
            Regular Fins
            Regular Headstock
            Iveroid Binding
            24 Frets
            Non-Recessed Floyd
            24.75 Scale
            1 Hum
            Vol/(maybe Tone - bash it out amongst yourselves)
            Black Hardware
            Jumbo Frets
            Mahogany Body
            Mahogany Neck
            G&G Case

No Tone knob for me, and add the Oiled Neck as Matt and others have reccomended and maybe the Custom Shop Logo, depending on what Matt sais [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] Once again, I am #1, anyone else? Regards-Jack.

Comment

...you should also consider a 1 5/8 nut... nice and comfy. heh...how bout no scarf joint or body veneer, and a shannon style neck heel? go old school construction with some neat features!
              Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
              Sully Guitars on Facebook
              Sully Guitars on Google+
              Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Sully, I am use to the 1 11/16 Nut, if the 1 5/8 is smaller, then I will go with the larger one, but not sure? Also, no Scarf Joint, not sure what that is? Body Veneer, I thought the body would be solid Mahogany? Sully, could you please help me out with these things? Thanks-Jack.

Comment

no prob!

if you flip over a guitar with an unfinished neck, you'll see the wood joint where the headstock joins the neck. that's a scarf joint. old style construction didn't have that. the 1 11/16 nut is wider, and what is used more commonly on jackson production models.

as far as the veneer goes, have you ever looked at a guitar in the light and you can see the seams of where the body was glued together? not sure if they do this on all, but jackson at times puts a veneer on top of the body to hide that, and they didn't used to. there's more knowledgeable than i on these topics, but there ya go.

sully
                  Sully Guitars on Google+
                  Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

OK Sully, the 1 11/16 Nut for sure, and since it will be an Oiled Neck, wouldn`t the No Scarf Joint be better for this, wonder what the cost of that option is? Also, I think a Veneer is cheesy, and would rather see the lines were the body peices meat, than have venner on my guitar, but since it will be a Solid Color, does it matter in that situation? I also don`t see alot of responce for this of late, so I think it is Matt-Me, that`s 2 I thought there was more, come on fellers, step up to the plate [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] Jack.

Comment

scarf joints aren't a bad thing by any means, and not having one won't make it a better guitar, i was just tossin some more old school construction ideas out for you to consider. same thing with the veneer, however, even if it's a solid color, you'll eventually see the seams. i'd consider that shannon heel, tho.

sully
                      Sully Guitars on Google+
                      Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Guys, here's the info on logo color. You can choose between pearl, abalone, white or black for no additional money. Or they'll do a custom logo for a small upcharge.

I've got prices on all the different options now, if anyone is interested please email me directly.

Matt
                        Special deals for JCF members on Jackson/Charvel, Suhr, Anderson, Nash, Splawn, Bogner, LSL, Ibanez, Diezel, Friedman, Bad Cat, 3rd Power, Dr. Z, ENGL and more. FREE SHIPPING! 0% FINANCING!

Comment

Ok Matt, I will be contacting you soon dude!! Matt, what I meant by Custom Shop logo is, it actually sais Custom Shop right next to the Jackson logo, is that standard on custom shop guitars now? Sully, I get it now on the other stuff, but what is a Mike Shannon neck heel like, what is the difference between it and the SL2H heel? Thanks-Jack.

[ September 15, 2003, 06:44 PM: Message edited by: slayer ]

Comment

Jack - Just to let you know, even if 10 people aren't on board with this, I'll still hook you up on the price. You've put a lot of effort into the guitar and I'd hate to see it all go to waste. Plus, I'd like to show my good faith to the forum members for possible future sales.

Dig it?

[img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

Ya Matt, I dig it for sure [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] Even though you will hook me up man, I really hope some of you join me in this special venture into Short Scale-Mahogany-Soloist-1 Hum bliss [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] Matt, I will email you or call you personally man [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img] Thanks-Jack.

Comment

I do believe the logo that says "Custom Shop" on the head is still an upcharge item.

It sounds like you guys have it nailed now, but where's everyone else?
                                It does appear that the ones who would be changing stock items for their own preferences (hardware color, pickup, etc) are possibly in the majority, and are probably looking at it as spending too much more money (but then the changes don't HAVE to be done the day it comes in).

Sorry to see it wither and die like this, but there's just no way to get 10 people to agree on one guitar 100%. Even with the bridge options to suit both sides someone's gonna find serious fault with it, whether it's the price they gotta pay for a different bridge config or having to buy a whole new bridge in their favorite color, and they'll back out of it.

Ah well, you and Matt go for a pair of Customs - you'll be happier in the long run. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Newc
                                I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Working...
                                X