jackson J-80c Pickup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jackson J-80c Pickup

Does anyone know what year the jackson pickup J-80c was made?

What I am trying to figure out is I have a 1986 jackson from the san dimas factory and I am trying to figiure out what was the original pickup that was in it. I know it was a jackson pickup with a cover over the pickup because of the over size pickup ring. Anyone have any ideas?

Comment

I think 86 might be the first year for the J-80c, But your guitar probably came with a J-50 or J-90, just a guess.:think:
      METAL, LIVE IT!

Comment

J90C is my guess. Definately has an oversized ring.
        "Rule number one: In my van, it's Rush. All Rush, all the time. No exceptions. Rule number two: Nobody touch the red button. And I mean never touch the red button. Most importantly, rule number three: There's no jerking it in my van!"

Kemper 600 watt Profiling Amp
        ENGL Powerball II
        Peavey 5150 4x12 Slant Cab
        Mesa 4 x 12 Slant Cab
        Marshall 2x12 Cab

2010 Jackson SL2H Trans Blue
        1988 Charvel 750XL Trans Cherry Burst
        1989 Charvel 750XL Trans Cherry Burst Hardtail
        2011 Jackson DK2M Blue
        2011 Jackson DK2M Black
        1987 Charvel Model 2 White
        2012 Charvel Dimartini Crossed Swords
        1991 Charvel Dinky 080-SH Blue Crackle
        1990 Grover Jackson Dinky Trans Purple
        2010 Jackson Mutt Slime Green
        2012 Charvel Jap Pro Mod Candy Blue
        2006 Gibson Les Paul Custom Black
        2003 Gibson Les Paul R9 Custom Shop Reissue
        2013 Gibson Les Paul Studio Pro Silverburst
        2013 Epiphone Plus Top Pro w/ Bonamassa pups
        2014 PRS SE Custom 24 Emerald Green
        1987 Tokai Silver Star Strat

Comment

I believe all the original J series pickups were available in 1986. It's really a toss up as to what's would be in there though. It's too bad if you don't have the original because they have the model on the base plate. I'd say the likelihood of the pickups to be J-90 - 60%, J-80 - 30%, J-50 - 10%.

But I'm not an authority so take my opinion with a giant ball of salt.
          GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

I know whats in there now because it put it in. I was guessing J-80 or J-80c due to the pickup cover and over size pickup ring. The model # is 3A j-80C. There was a duncan in it and it didn't fit we'll and sounded terrible. You can tell it wasn't the original pickup. Thanks for your replies

Comment

I thought the Jackson humbuckers from '86 were uncovered and regular sized,

in '87 they got the oversized covers

Comment

Yea, Thats what I thought. This guitar was made 4/8/86 and has a over sized pickup ring. I thought either a J-80 or J-80c so Put in a J-80c for now. It's ok but I might put in an EMG 81 later on. Right now I am blind in one eye. anyone know how an EMG 81 sounds?

Comment

I found out the J-80c was made from 85 to 93

Comment

Working...
                  X