Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Warrior owners, what pickups are you using?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MetalDaze View Post
    You can do one hum on custom select.
    Wow, thanks a lot for this info, now that's very encouraging to start planning on my next two custom Select Warriors! I can never get enough of these bad ass guitars.
    -Metal wouldn't be the same without Pointy guitars-

Comment

One thing that I have noticed is that OFRs are much brighter than Schaller JT590-styled trems, so there's that.
      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

My 1990 Japanese Warrior Pro was modded so I put a Bill Lawrence L500XL Bridge / stock Kent Armstrong rail single in neck.
        Last edited by darkerknight; 02-02-2015, 11:47 PM.

Comment

I can answer this in one shot! DiMarzio Super Distortion and a Gravity Storm in the neck. This has got to be mt favorite pickup combo in anything alder/maple necktrhu. I have them in my WR1 after trying the Invader/Full Shred (stock), a JB/Jazz, pair of EMGs and a DiMarzio Tone Zone/Fred.

It balances everything out about the guitar. I want another set for my KV2s I think!

Comment

Body shape has some influence on tone, so the Vs with the same pickups may not sound the same as the WRs. Explorer/Star shapes tend to accentuate the low-mids more than Vs, which accentuate the middle-mids and upper mids.
            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I bought a Warrior parts project last year (still not assembled; too many guitars, too little time), which had DiMarzio 'Tone Zone' (b) and 'Evolution' (n) pickups already installed. The body is a basswood WRXT, so I'm assuming the Tone Zone will sound good since I have one in my basswood Yamaha RGX. Hopefully I'll manage to complete it when the weather starts getting a little warmer and I finish the other guitar projects I've been working on. *fingers crossed*

Comment

Working...
              X