HELP PLEASE! SAN DIMAS STAR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP PLEASE! SAN DIMAS STAR

Hey all i got my SD Star body in today from Justin(JCGuitars) ( Look At the Body is it real??? ) and the neck pocket is HUGE!!! [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] Is that normal on all SD guitars?? My Neck i got from Chuckracer(AAA Warmoth Strat Head) sits above the body like a quarter inch. Im having the body sent to GMW to get painted blood splatter with smeared redrum graphic should i send them the neck as well and get them to shave the neck pocket??

Also it seems my EMG 81 doesnt wanna fit into the Bridge Pickup route. But it will fit into the neck ?? [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] Get them to do a little routing there too>

Opinions please

Thanks Rick

Re: HELP PLEASE! SAN DIMAS STAR

anyone please help [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Naww. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Oh, alright!
        Send Lee the neck too. Have him build it. That way HE can deal with all the little problems. Send him a bigass check, too! [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Need to see back of the body.
          Maybe this is Warmoth.

Comment

Here are some pics of the beck

pic number 1

pic number 2 [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

i think its legit.. If not ohh well its a killer body.

Comment

that will make a nice one...I was eyeballing that for a while too
              shawnlutz.com

Comment

After inspecting the neck pocket this thing had a piece of wood gluded into the pocket to make it thicker [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] huh?? yeah, and was a vintage trem i can see the holes from where it used to be. And its a refinish

oh well goin to have Lee take that piece of wood outta the pocket (route it whatever he has to do)

Thanks Rick

Comment

It is definitely not Warmoth, I'd say it is legit. Send everything to Lee, you will be amazed at his work.

Comment

Could be a DiMarzio body does it look like DiMarzio is burned into the neck pocket?I noticed the comfort bevel on the back, some DiMarzio bodies had this feature.Some charvel bodies were that way too.Looks killer to me.Its normal for the neck to sit kind of high in the neck pocket.Vintage trem you say so the pocket should not be shimmed.Wonder why that piece of wood is in there.
                    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

the shim is in there because it is a pointy body that was shimmed to accept a strathead which has a thinner neck heel.

Comment

Isn't the over hang on the fret boards supposed to rest on the body??

Well im sending it to Lee so he can work his magic hes goin to route it to fit better make everything fir wire it and set it up [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Thanks for the replys

Comment

Well my pointy didn't rest on the body it was close but about the same as a model charvel.I had to shim my latest one its got a tun-o-matic bridge so shimming was necessary to get the proper neck angle

Comment

Mine is getting refinished at R&S guitarworks in Winchester Ky (r&sguitarworks.net)They do great refins and relic work plus build a line of high quality guitars as well.Joe Walsh plays their guitars.Go check out their web site go to forums then to general talk, charvel star body pull up pics of my star in progress.

Comment

Sweet thanks!!

WHere can i get a case for my damn star ?

Comment

Working...
                              X