HELP PLEASE! SAN DIMAS STAR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: HELP PLEASE! SAN DIMAS STAR

WOW [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]

Did he paint the the headstock and that logo cause tht looks awsome !!

POST PICS!!!! when its done..

Comment

that is a dimarzio body. if u notice that the humbucker route cuts into the rear trem spring route thats usually the main difference between Charvel bodies & Dimarzio bodies made by Charvel.

Comment

Thats a little disapointing [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img] considering what i saw the last dimarzio star body go for on ebay!!

Ohh well thanks

Comment

You know jamie is right about that I've had 2 DiMarzio bodies cut like that but the one getting the refin now did not but had DiMarzio burned into the neck pocket.Is the body you have light or heavy?My refin body is light (swamp ash)as a feather.The head stock was to have a flame maple cap but they had trouble with the veneer reacting to the paint so they put a very transparent coat on then applied the soloist style logo then cearcoat. I called Michael Charvel and he said they used whatever wood they had laying around for the DiMarzio bodies some ash, alder, basswood some DiMarzio bodies were made overseas of what wood who knows I've seen some plywood some just a hard wood very heavy tho.
          Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

i dont know the body isnt totally light weight but its not les paul heavy know what im saying..

How much green do those dimarzio bodys usually go for ??

I'm a bit disapointed since it was being listed as a SD Charvel Star. [img]graemlins/eyes.gif[/img] ohh well

How long have yours taken so far strat til finish Richard?

Comment

Originally posted by *eleven*:
              Isn't the over hang on the fret boards supposed to rest on the body??
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">NO. There should be 1/16" to 3/16" between the bottom of the fretboard and the body. It's made for a non-recessed floyd.
              The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Working...
              X