USA or import Soloist?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USA or import Soloist?

I've always been used to the neck of my Warrior Pro. I don't like the rosewood boards of my SLXQ or DK2T. Worse yet, I get the impression from sold listings on ebay, they're not worth shit in the used market, no matter how good their condition. I'm trying to decide whether to go for a used import Soloist or a new or used SL2H. Naturally, the import is gonna be a lot harder to find, especially one that has a 24.75" scale neck. Moreover, I've seen some older soloists here which don't have enough clearance between the Floyd and bridge pickup to fit a Roland GK3 hex pickup. If I were to go for an SL2H, its obviously going to have a 25.5" scale neck. So, what should I be going for, based on this?
    Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

I would go with the USA SL2H but that's just me. I think the GK3 hex pick up would fit just fine.
    This is what I think of Gibson since 1993. I HATE BEING LEFT HANDED! I rock out to Baby metal because Wilkinsi said I can't listen to Rick Astley anymore.

Comment

Wouldn't a Fusion be worth considering?? Probably a Pro model would be within price range, and it will would its value a lot better than the new imports.

Then again, a SL2H is an amazing machine...

Comment

I would prefer to stick with a neckthru Jackson, so a Fusion wouldn't suit me.
        Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Depends on the guitars themselves. I'd say go used SL2H if you have the budget.
          I'm back bitches!!!

Gear:
          ESP LTD EC-1000T CTM Black
          Agile Al 3XXX Custom Tobacco Sunburst w/Blackouts
          Blackstar Soloist HT60
          Dunlop OG Crybaby Wah
          Seymour Duncan 805

Comment

Go for the used SL2H! If you have any local shops that carry the SL2(Q) Pro, and don’t mind piranhas, you might check those out too.
            Not sure what you think of the slsmg, they pop up now and then at very reasonable prices
            Gear https://images.imgbox.com/e4/00/IxQywXkV_o.jpg

Comment

Piranhas will put me off. I was hoping someone would give me an idea as to which era Soloist Pro's have the floyd/bridge pup clearance for the hex pup I wanna fit as well as bound ebony board with MOP sharkfins. The 24.75" scale would be a bonus. Otherwise, it'll have to be the SL2H.
              Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

Comment

Working...
              X