Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can anyone tell me about this guitar please?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can anyone tell me about this guitar please?

Hello,

I just joined these forums after finding a Charvel for sale recently that I'm quite interested in buying. However I don't know much about the guitar (and neither does the seller) or what it is worth, so i was hoping that people here would be able to give me advice!

I asked the seller for a serial number but he said there isn't one. I'm thinking of going to try it out in the next few days but i would like to have an idea of how much it's worth before i go.

The original ad said:

Here is my charvel. I don't know a lot about this guitar as I took in part ex.

it has a solid mahogany body that was added by stewart of Doncaster to a very high standard. it has Jackson active pups and a Jackson Floyd rose
    I am wanting around £650 but I am open to trades as I don't get on with the flat neck. any questions please feel free to ask.

Here are some photos:

The seller has now dropped the price to £550. If anyone can give me any info about this guitar, what model it is, what it might be worth etc. that would be awesome!

Thanks.

Sorry, it's not a Charvel body. That control cavity cover shape is all wrong.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
      Sorry, it's not a Charvel body. That control cavity cover shape is all wrong.
      +1 Definitely all wrong bro.
      This is what I think of Gibson since 1993. I HATE BEING LEFT HANDED! I rock out to Baby metal because Wilkinsi said I can't listen to Rick Astley anymore.

Comment

Apart from the fact that it isn't a Charvel per se, it looks kind o cool. If you like it, tell the seller to lower price enough for it to be a fair trade.

Comment

Originally posted by JCB RR1 View Post
          Apart from the fact that it isn't a Charvel per se, it looks kind o cool. If you like it, tell the seller to lower price enough for it to be a fair trade.
          So it's not worth the current asking price? What would you say it is worth?

Thanks for the replies so far!

Comment

I think that is the guitar that was around on ebay for the last three months. I think he listed it as a 650XL upgraded. Which is wrong as that is a thru neck. maybe as a 475 upgraded which would make sense, I forget. Looks like a 475 deluxe exotic at first glance, in fact the body is better.

I reckon the neck and pups may probably be off a 475. If the body is mahogany with a slab quilt top, I'd say it might be worth the asking price, given what other similar spec'ed hybrids and builds are selling for. Personally though, the control lay out and cavity would bug me though and the body shape is probably off so it doesn't even look like a replica. In fact the fact that's it's not a charvel would bug me to be honest. All the same, very nice guitar though with Schaller? trem, Gotoh tuners....Jackson pups and if they are out of a 475 deluxe, I think they had mid boost circuitry or something which explains the active part. Pretty decent guitar in all.
            You can't really be jealous of something you can't fathom.

Comment

Yeah defo a 475 parts mutt with a nice body and funky knobs.

For that money I might be picky and want a German Floyd on it and some Duncan or Dimarzio pups, but depends if you like it really.
              Last edited by ginsambo; 11-22-2013, 04:49 PM.
              You can't really be jealous of something you can't fathom.

Comment

If what you have written is the correct price he's crazy. 650GBP???? That's like $1053 bucks! I wouldn't give him a penny over $550.00 dollars. That's just my opinion though.
                This is what I think of Gibson since 1993. I HATE BEING LEFT HANDED! I rock out to Baby metal because Wilkinsi said I can't listen to Rick Astley anymore.

Comment

Working...
                X