• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kelly body - what is it?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...ory=33044&rd=1

greetings all.

so i won this ebay auction.

looks to me now that it will take a 24 fret neck. i was thinking before a 22. don't know why.

how tough will it be to find a decent 24 fretter? seems like the ones on ebay are the cheaper grades (performance series is cheap, right?).

anybody have an idea as to what model the body most likely is from? bolt-on so i'm thinking one of the imports.

thanks for any info.

Re: kelly body - what is it?

most likely a professional or ps6t performer. maybe you can tell by the model trem ?(some guys on this board are good enough that they may be able to tell from that). at any rate it's definitely an import.

Comment

I can't eyeball the trem, but it sure looks like a 24 fretter.

Get us better pics when you get it! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

righty right. thanks for the replies. i will snap some pics when i get it.

Comment

That trem looks like a JT580LP which would make it a PS6T which is a performer series but it is still a nice body those were alder ( at least the ones mafe in Japan were. The Korean ones were poplar or basswood i believe.)
          I've never seen a 22 fret bolt on Kelly. So yes it is a 24 fretter. A dinky neck should fit it.
          Gil

Comment

Originally posted by JACKSONFREAK:
            That trem looks like a JT580LP which would make it a PS6T which is a performer series
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">The Kelly XL and XLR were bolt-on necks with the JT580LP trem, so how can you be sure it's not one of those? [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img] I believe they were also poplar bodies.
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

And the bad Performers were made in India, not Korea [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

The best way I've found to tell them apart is by the neck that was originally on it, but I'm sure this one's long gone.

Newc
              I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I thought all the floyd Performers were equipped with jt-500 trems. [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by ed:
                  I thought all the floyd Performers were equipped with jt-500 trems. [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">the india line was the only guitars with the jt 500 , I think they got Japan using those still on the dx10d but no other jackson imports are being made with those trems thank God ! the performers had some kinda old stock style jt 580 lp with a screw on bar far better trem than those bloody 500 things [img]graemlins/puke.gif[/img] and the only bad jackson line ever are those X series made in India !!! Bin Ladens boys just can't even come close to making a decent axe , not like the usa or japan ! [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img] //Steve

[ September 14, 2003, 10:02 AM: Message edited by: Steve ]

Comment

The Performers with the wide 12th fret dots were made in India - and they blow [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Newc
                    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

it arrived. will get pics up when i can find my server space again after a calamity not too long ago...

trem is unmarked save "licensed under floyd rose patents." nothing where it would normally say schaller, jackson, FR, whatever. bar is missing but the receptacle has threads so it would be a screw-in bar. that seems to mean something.

from the neck pocket, body wood appears to be alder, and that may be a good sign (i'd assume if it was a '****' model they woulda used even cheaper wood.) dated feb. 1999 in neck pocket.

Comment

Working...
                      X