help identify what kelly Ihave,

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help identify what kelly Ihave,

Can you guys help me with he and model. I picked this off the local yard sale site the other day for 200. Here are a couple pics.serial is 9746125.thnx

That's a KE3.
    Facebook - Youtube

Comment

Idea on what yr

Comment

Yeah, thats a KE3, a slightly older one due to the Duncan designed pickups and the chrome hardware, the later KE3's went to real duncans and black hardware, and I think the very latest KE3's had neck binding.

Good high quality japanese import

Comment

From numbers I've seen I would say its 2005ish. You could remove the neck and check the stamps if you wanted to be certain.
          Originally posted by heavymetal13 View Post
          Idea on what yr
          96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

I thought it might be more like 96-2000.

Comment

Nah, not if its the original serial number. The numbers rolled over to 97xxxxx around 2003-04...of course with serials I wouldn't count anything out.
              96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

Any way you look at $200 bucks for that thing is a steal! Nice score man!
                This is what I think of Gibson since 1993. I HATE BEING LEFT HANDED! I rock out to Baby metal because Wilkinsi said I can't listen to Rick Astley anymore.

Comment

Erie dess swirl is the paint scheme I'm thinking 2008 -2000 maybe but pull the neck off to find out for sure.
                  Good score !
                  Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Good score..Awesome body style too.i always loved the Gibson explorer model..but Jackson is my guitar of choice..so,a Gibby body style on a Jackson guitar.wow. the best of both worlds right there..very nice..God Bless ya..Barry

Comment

Originally posted by heavymetal13 View Post
                      I thought it might be more like 96-2000.
                      Originally posted by straycat View Post
                      Erie dess swirl is the paint scheme I'm thinking 2008 -2000 maybe but pull the neck off to find out for sure.
                      Good score !
                      I also figured the EDS finish was late part of the '0*
                      wasn't long after that they started using real SD p'ups
                      "There's nothing taking away from the pure masculinity I possess"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

They switched to black hardware and original SD's around 2005-06 if I'm not mistaken.

Comment

IIRC they introduced real Duncans as standard in '06
                          Hail yesterday

Comment

Working...
                          X