Need your help on a supposed Jackson Mustaine King V

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need your help on a supposed Jackson Mustaine King V

So i bought this guitar on ebay today. And i am slowy but surely starting to almost suspect that there is something very fishy about this guitar.

The megadeth logo is grey and it should be golden, shouldn't it?
    And the logo seems to be off, and much too large.
    I see a black floyd rose but i cant see any locking nut.

Can anyone tell me what kind of guitar this actually is?

I see one poor picture on a site written in German.

It looks fine from what I See.

Comment

Hard to tell from the one crummy picture, but maybe an import parts mutt? Looks like maybe a bolt-on - Floyd'd body with string-through neck?

Comment

Either way you look at it it gives you a headache. Seller claims its EMG 81 in the bridge, ESP paf style in the neck. Seller also claims its neck through and with a bone nut. I am thinking it could be one of those horrible "rare rockstar guitar" made in china copies.Yeah the photo sucks. Oh well i guess i pay for it and find out the hard way.

Last edited by xxx256; 12-06-2013, 03:59 PM.

Comment

I wouldn't even bother paying for it.
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
            I wouldn't even bother paying for it.
            +1 The moment I see a floating tremolo on it I know for a fact it's not a Mustaine sig model. Also why would anyone have a guitar with a floating trem and no locking nut? Looks like someone's trying to off load some junk to me. How much money is the seller asking for?
            This is what I think of Gibson since 1993. I HATE BEING LEFT HANDED! I rock out to Baby metal because Wilkinsi said I can't listen to Rick Astley anymore.

Comment

I speak German and he states the guitar is made of basswood....I am not a King V expert but I've never heard of a basswood King V. The only way to get a basswood King V would be to go custom shop. IIRC Mustaine's KV's back in the day were poplar. Not Basswood.
              This is what I think of Gibson since 1993. I HATE BEING LEFT HANDED! I rock out to Baby metal because Wilkinsi said I can't listen to Rick Astley anymore.

Comment

There were plenty of asian production basswood king v's in the past few years. Most of the time people are way off when it comes to body wood on their guitars anyway. especially on ebay.

Comment

Originally posted by leftykingv2 View Post
                  +1 The moment I see a floating tremolo on it I know for a fact it's not a Mustaine sig model.
                  Well, Dave has used Floyds from time to time, he had a couple of Y2KVs with them, and there were some KV1 models made for Musician's Friend in the late '90s that did have gold Floyds and his signature on them (as well as Marty Friedman KE1 models that were the same), but this German seller on ebay is not selling a legit model. I seem to recall this guy being bad news and only having one crappy pic in any of his auctions through the years, and he usually doesn't respond to questions about whatever he's selling.

Comment

I have seen Megadeth 17 times in concert and I only saw Dave use a guitar with a Floyd two times. He used it on the song "Reckoning Day" both times and it was a Y2KV IIRC. I was talking about his actual sig. model KV1's not having trems. I thought all his sig. models had "Kahler Non-trems" on them minus the MF models.
                    Last edited by leftykingv2; 12-06-2013, 05:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by xxx256 View Post
                      There were plenty of asian production basswood king v's in the past few years. Most of the time people are way off when it comes to body wood on their guitars anyway. especially on ebay.
                      I am well aware of that but do you think Mustaine ever played an import?:think: I could be wrong but I don't think Jackson ever released an import Mustaine sig model did they?

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                        Well, Dave has used Floyds from time to time, he had a couple of Y2KVs with them, and there were some KV1 models made for Musician's Friend in the late '90s that did have gold Floyds and his signature on them (as well as Marty Friedman KE1 models that were the same), but this German seller on ebay is not selling a legit model. I seem to recall this guy being bad news and only having one crappy pic in any of his auctions through the years, and he usually doesn't respond to questions about whatever he's selling.
                        +1 I remember those musician friend models now that you mention it. They weren't imports though were they?

Comment

Ask him this; "Warum versuchst du die menschen zu betrugen arschloch?" Translation; Why are you trying to cheat people asshole!

Comment

usually doesn't respond to questions about whatever he's selling
                            Yeah i send him a dozen PM's during and after the auction. No answer. I haven't got the foggiest what the hell he is selling, lol.

Comment

Well, if he hasn't responded, then don't pay. See how long it takes him to contact you. Or just report to ebay and back out of it, tell them it looks fishy.

Comment

Working...
                              X