san dimas factory

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• san dimas factory

Does anybody know when grover jackson moved the the san dimas factory to Onterio in 86?

September/October or there abouts...
    "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
    Gotta get away from here.
    Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
    Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

That weird. There was a jackson on ebay that was an onterio made guitar dated 7-24-86 serial number 5115. It didn't sell but I was just curious about when grover did the move. Looking at the serial chart for jacksos that 1001 -1505 were made from the san dimas factory in 86 and 1506 on up were made in the onterio factory. I have a few jacksos that are 1345 and 1414. 1345 is dated 4-8-86 that is pretty close to july

Comment

Without looking up where what when.,
        Some plates say one address but were made in the other. I believe it had to do with business office versus factory.

Ya know, I've had the same address for twenty years but I haven't really been in one place. Its just my mailing address.

Lol, and my parents are opposite. They haven't moved but the government keeps changing their address.
        Their credit history is so messed up. "sir, we can't give you a loan because you keep moving.'
        Last edited by pianoguyy; 12-15-2013, 08:58 PM.

Comment

"Ontario."
          This is what I think of Gibson since 1993. I HATE BEING LEFT HANDED! I rock out to Baby metal because Wilkinsi said I can't listen to Rick Astley anymore.

Comment

Splitting hairs here....but San Dimas is where they picked up the mail (thus the P.O box # on the plates)
            I don't think there was actually a factory there. Didn't they make the first guitars in Glendora?

Comment

Originally posted by leftykingv2 View Post
              "Ontario."
              And the Ontario in California, not in Canada like some have believed in the past.
              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by surfdork View Post
                Splitting hairs here....but San Dimas is where they picked up the mail (thus the P.O box # on the plates)
                I don't think there was actually a factory there. Didn't they make the first guitars in Glendora?
                True...the factory was techically in Glendora...but San Dimas begins literally across the street.
                Kahler...Killing guitar values DEAD since 1981.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                  And the Ontario in California, not in Canada like some have believed in the past.
                  How could anyone think that they were made in Canada? Too Funny bro.
                  Last edited by leftykingv2; 12-16-2013, 02:25 PM.
                  This is what I think of Gibson since 1993. I HATE BEING LEFT HANDED! I rock out to Baby metal because Wilkinsi said I can't listen to Rick Astley anymore.

Comment

Plenty of people have thought they were made in Canada Lefty is a common mistake.
                    I have # 1499 and it is marked Sept 86.
                    Also had Charvel # 5490 and it had a strat headstock but a Jackson logo both guitars went to the same owner and delivered at the same time from what he told me.
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by straycat; 12-16-2013, 06:41 PM.
                    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Charvel # 5490.
                      If someone knows how to enlarge this pic please do it because I have no idea how to.
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by straycat; 12-16-2013, 06:47 PM.
                      Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Didn't they say Jackson 4452 Airport Drive Ontario Ca.91761 on them? That's a pretty easy thing to read and understand bro. Anyone with a brain would know that Canadian postal codes are very different from our zip codes here in the states and put one and one together and realize the guitar was built in California. Example of a Canadian zip code; L7J-2B1. Last I checked we didn't have letters in the postal codes here in America. Not only that if the guitar was built in Canada wouldn't it be illegal for Jackson to print "Made in USA" right on the front of the head stock.
                        Last edited by leftykingv2; 12-16-2013, 07:32 PM.

Comment

Yea I know the factory was in Glendora but when I say san dimas I assumed everyone knew that. The san dimas address was just the P.O. box about 500 yards away. I found out when grover moved the factory to ontario, ca. It was Xmas of 85

Comment

Originally posted by straycat View Post
                            Plenty of people have thought they were made in Canada Lefty is a common mistake.
                            I have # 1499 and it is marked Sept 86.
                            Also had Charvel # 5490 and it had a strat headstock but a Jackson logo both guitars went to the same owner and delivered at the same time from what he told me.
                            By the way Stray I know I said it before but I love this one with the comics on it!

Comment

Very nice jackson and rig!!! I used to have a rig like that Called a 3 way system run with a soldano SLO head.

Comment

Working...
                              X