No announcement yet.

Disaster....looking for a little help.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just packed up the guitars to go to the luthier, wish me luck. I've seen his name around for years but don't know of his work. His name is Joe Z based in Levittown PA and he came highly recommended from FMIC/Jackson.
    Transitioning from Retired Musician from cover bands to a Full time vocalist/frontman/guitarist in an original and covers band....it's been a while and this should get NASTY!

Check out the new band at - https://www.facebook.com/PerfectStormMetal/?fref=nf

Comment

Well, just got back from the luthier and am feeling quite a bit better. He says the KV2 and KV Pro just soaked up a little water and should be fine after being left to dry out, he is going to replace the pots, switches and jacks in both. He said the bridges can both be cleaned up an might be able to clean up the nickel pickups. The Soloist is going to be a wait and see. He's going to try and replace the JT6 but needs to take the whole guitar apart to go thru the wiring and components. He said there are 2 options for the guitar: A-completely strip, sand and refinish....but the originality factor and condition makes him not want to go that route, B-Do all the repairs and let it dry out for a few months and recheck it.
      Transitioning from Retired Musician from cover bands to a Full time vocalist/frontman/guitarist in an original and covers band....it's been a while and this should get NASTY!

Comment

Hopefully he can save the Soloist in original condition. Few JT-6s on eBay at the moment of you want to keep it original.
        Any way you could possibly put more shit into your sig?

Comment

That really sucks man. I am so sorry to hear about that. I hope things work out for you and you're at least able to replace what can't be repaired.
          This is what I think of Gibson since 1993. I HATE BEING LEFT HANDED! I rock out to Baby metal because Wilkinsi said I can't listen to Rick Astley anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by VoiceX3 View Post
            Just packed up the guitars to go to the luthier, wish me luck. I've seen his name around for years but don't know of his work. His name is Joe Z based in Levittown PA and he came highly recommended from FMIC/Jackson.
            Was wondering if you were going to him. Always pass that store on the way to Walmart. He used to do A-Z's stuff back in the day and has a good rep. Best of luck.

Comment

Joe Z based in Levittown PA

Vector lives down your way, he uses a guy up near harrisburg.
              I live near harrisburg and use a guy in carlisle.

Comment

Been through this before because of theft. Insurance company didn't like the fact that I had high dollar equipment, kept trying to prove that I only needed that kind of equipment for professional use and that I used the equipment in playing for pay/profit. DO NOT !!!!! ever say that you have ever even once played out with that equipment in a band or they will not cover anything. Eventually got them to settle after getting an attorney involved and they bent over and paid out the ass.

Your homeowners insurance is most likely “Replacement Value”. They will look at what you originally paid for each item, then try to depreciate each and every item. They may look at your 80’s Soloist and say it was $1300 new back then and depreciate a few hundred off and give you say $1000 for it. BUT !!! you give them the full retail value price for a new Custom Shop Soloist(yours was a J serial number, not a U) and they will handle it like this:

Say your Custom Shop replacement quote is $4000. They give you $1000 and tell you if you buy another guitar(doesn’t matter what it is) they will pay up to another $3000 if you provide them with a purchase receipt. You can make out like a bandit this way. I turned a Chinese Dean From Hell ML into a USA DFH ML and a 90’s RG-570 into a neck-thru Prestige RG. Just make sure you go on an insane buying spree to spend everything they offered to pay in replacement value.

I can't even explain how much fun that is going on a buying spree and having to spend 1000's of dollars just to get everything they will pay.
                Last edited by lepard; 03-05-2014, 07:18 PM.

Comment

" I turned a Chinese Dean From Hell ML into a USA DFH ML and a 90’s RG-570 into a neck-thru Prestige RG."

Any wonder why premiums go up!!!!
                  www.vvforums.com

Comment

Originally posted by shramiac View Post
                    " I turned a Chinese Dean From Hell ML into a USA DFH ML and a 90’s RG-570 into a neck-thru Prestige RG."

Any wonder why premiums go up!!!!
                    I paid the money for a "Replacement Value" policy and got what the policy was supposed to provide. You are more than welcome to buy cheap basic insurance and get what you pay for.

Comment

Right now, it's repair and/or refurb. The soloist after drying for a few months will be inspected again. I'm being hopeful that it dries out and comes back because you can't buy or build the mojo you develop with a guitar you've had and regularly played for the last 27 years. So not too sure what's going to happen because obviously the house needs to be fixed and plenty of other things were destroyed. I really don't know how long before we'll settle on a number for the guitars and gear. We do have very good insurance and a reputable public adjuster so I'm hopeful.

Comment

Right now, it's repair and/or refurb. The soloist after drying for a few months will be inspected again. I'm being hopeful that it dries out and comes back because you can't buy or build the mojo you develop with a guitar you've had and regularly played for the last 27 years. So not too sure what's going to happen because obviously the house needs to be fixed and plenty of other things were destroyed. I really don't know how long before we'll settle on a number for the guitars and gear. We do have very good insurance and a reputable public adjuster so I'm hopeful.
                        Good luck. If you have a good agent & decent insurance company you should make out OK. I hope you can salvage the Soloist.
                        KV DM PRO, SLSXMG, RRXMG, DXMG, LP P90 Goldtop_GSP1101_RM4: JF SL-OD100_Randall RT2/50_Peavey 4x12 cab
                        I'm loving the Jaded Faith mods. Going Egnater Dual mod route: Voxless, SL-OD100, Brahma #39, QuickMod GT

Comment

Ok, so the insurance company did not like the wait 6 months and see approach as they want this to be case closed next week. So the Soloist is with a second luthier now for his expert appraisal. His name is Audric Jankauskas, should hear back from him tonight or tomorrow. Filled out a custom shop order form that totaled about $6700 for the same exact build and gave that to the insurance as well.........

Comment

Good thinking on the custom shop quote for a replacement.
                            Any way you could possibly put more shit into your sig?

Comment

So I am going to be having the Soloist completely refurbished and upgraded...real floyd, new electronics, refretted....you name it, it's getting done. The KV2 is getting new electronics, the KVPro will get all new electronics a new Kahler bridge and I may send it out for a refinish. All other guitars will be replaced, so I'm going to get a new acoustic and the rest of the guitar cash will go to a really high end flame or quilt top Rhoads. Not sure what else I'll be getting to replace my recording setup. I did already buy 2 "project" guitars in a alcohol/credit card induced spend...... I'll post about them in the "Other" section...

Comment

Great news!
                                I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
                                X