Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bad news guys

Just got the word today from Jackson/Fender

the ontario shop will be no more they are moving the Jackson Custom Shop to Corona in the Same shop as the Fender Custom Shop

Also the inport lines are going to be cut down and most of them are going to be made in Mexico

Yes i said it a Mexician made Jackson [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

Re: Bad news guys

If this is true, wasn`t this a major fear that would happen eventually and is this a Bad-Good-or Indifferent thing? I presonally would rather see the people in Ontario keep their jobs, can anyone else confirm this? Jack.

[ September 15, 2003, 07:16 PM: Message edited by: slayer ]

Comment

Drop names, Sid - who told you this? [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Newc
      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I'm not sure if this is good or bad, but I think I'd prefer seeing Mexi Jackson guitars over Indonesian ones.

Matt
        Special deals for JCF members on Jackson/Charvel, Suhr, Anderson, Nash, Splawn, Bogner, LSL, Ibanez, Diezel, Friedman, Bad Cat, 3rd Power, Dr. Z, ENGL and more. FREE SHIPPING! 0% FINANCING!

Comment

Ok I fond out from a Jackson employee in AZ and then called the Custom shop and yes they are moving over this week

Also i am posting this under my friends account so yes NewC it is Sid

Addmins please forgive me
          like i said it is a Friends Account
          delete if you want

Comment

If this is true, I can't say I'm surprised. I've been waiting for the imports to go to Mexico since the day of the buyout.

I'm just happy I own a couple of Ontario CS guitars.

Now, Fender's shop has a good rep, so I would imagine quality will be similar, but I would expect price increases on the C/S.

Mike
            Division - American Metal that doesn't suck. Much. Even on Facebook.

Comment

No offense to you Matt, but this has me a little nervous about ordering a Jackson made by Fender hands, not to say it will be worse or not, just a little hesitant, and frankly I am not happy with Fender doing this kinda thing. I hope they are taking the employees from Ontario with them? If the prices go up, that will deffinatly decide it for me to order or not. Would the move and higher prices sway you guys either way to order anopther Jackson USA guitar again? Right now this has me really thinking, but taking a cautious approach at this point. ah, man this is bad timing [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] Jack.

Comment

Originally posted by mattsmusiccenter:
                I'm not sure if this is good or bad, but I think I'd prefer seeing Mexi Jackson guitars over Indonesian ones.

Matt
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">dude there are no indonesian ones just made in India , but yeah I'd like a import mexi strat over a Korean or india one , but Fender your stabing your self in the head moving the line to mexico from Japan , those Japan lines are as good as the usa stuff in many ways , if this keeps up I'll be switching to washburn [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] or how bout peavey [img]graemlins/puke.gif[/img] but those vandenburg things don't look to bad though [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] ah **** it bc rich Here I come [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] //Steve

Comment

El Jackson - Hecho En Mexico - ????
                  Mexican Strats have a good rep. Quality might be just as good/better.

And the Corona shop is excellent so quality may even go UP.

I hope nobody looses there jobs though... That sucks....

Let me be the first to say this/ I don't think it is going to make Ontario Jacksons go up in value any. But I am sure we will see somebody trying to market it as more valuable...

Comment

...........you guys need to relax a bit. how much "he said she said" crap do you normally accept as gospel? yes, the factory is moving. it is not the end of the world; tim and mike are still gonna be runnin the shop.

sully
                    Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                    Sully Guitars on Facebook
                    Sully Guitars on Google+
                    Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Some of the Mexi strats are not that bad.
                      (The ball sniffer thing is abit much)

[ September 15, 2003, 07:35 PM: Message edited by: skidd ]
                      www.kiddhavok.com
                      www.youtube.com/kiddhavokband

Comment

Hey Sully.... not to get off the topic... BUT... I liked your last avatar better. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

I`m sorry guys, but if this is true, I have bought my last "New" Jackson Guitar. I can`t believe this is happening, I just won`t buy a guitar built in the FENDER factory [img]graemlins/nono.gif[/img] . I wouldn`t even be seen dead with a Fender Strap for gods sake. The only alternative for me is to buy used guitars as there is NO alternative to the finest guitars of all time. [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

Comment

I am not supporting EVERYTHING that was said above, but it was posted on the FDP two months ago in the Custom Shop thread that the Fender was setting up space in the building where the Fender Custom Shop is for the Jackson Custom Shop (this building is seperate from the Fender factory). From the sound of it, it was for the custom shop part of Jackson only.

Comment

I remember reading something like that over at the fender forum too. Sully is right. Don't jump to conclusions.. Go have a beer or something and R e l a x. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                              X