Bad news guys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Bad news guys

The only thing I worry about is that: It`s made in the USA, which it is.That prices stay relatively the same, so far so good.Now the biggie, that the QC stays the same or gets better, still to be determined. Oh and no signs of Fender anything on the guitar when I pick it up, which I don`t see happening, so my biggest fear and concern is the QC, let`s hope for the best here [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] Jack.

Comment

I can see gang wars already... the Jackson side of the building fighting the Fender side of the building in the parking lot. Switchblade serenade! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam:
        I can see gang wars already... the Jackson side of the building fighting the Fender side of the building in the parking lot. Switchblade serenade! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">now the real question here is... which side would break out the boombox and put on Beat It first?

Comment

Quite honestly everyone, I think it would be better for everyone to wait and check how the quality of the guitars will be in the future before going into all these argues.

One thing that I need to ask though - will USA Jacksons be made on the Fender Custom shop as well or will they be made somewhere else?

Comment

That`s a great point DM. precisely why I am going to wait and see what the quality will be like comeing out of Corona before ordering my Custom Shop Soloist, no offence to Matt, I am just beeing catious and when you are spending over $2000 for a guitar, I think it is ok to wait a little while to see what`s up [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Jack.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam:
              ... Switchblade serenade! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Toejam, is this an obscure reference to Spread Eagle? Their first record rocked! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

nice one ralph!!!

scrAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATCH!!! scratchlikeacaaaaat! whatever happened to their singer? he kicked ass.

sully
                Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                Sully Guitars on Facebook
                Sully Guitars on Google+
                Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph E.:
                  </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by toejam:
                  ... Switchblade serenade! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Toejam, is this an obscure reference to Spread Eagle? Their first record rocked! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yes, it was an obscure reference to Spread Eagle. That album kicked ass! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] The second album was kind of lame, though.

Comment

Sully, I think the singer had a new band. I remember reading something about him online last year, can't remember much about it though.

Comment

The title track "Spread Eagle" is one of my favorite songs of all time, great solo too. [img]graemlins/band.gif[/img]

Comment

Holy crap... I can't believe you guys are talking about Spread Eagle! I used to take lessons from Paul DiBartolo (guitarist) in a little tiny rehearsal space he had when he was a member of the Boston band "Bang", which eventually turned into Spread Eagle after the singer was replaced. He was an amazing player, one that I have loads and loads of respect for, even though I haven't heard anything from him in years. I know he did a movie soundtrack in NYC a few years ago. Word has it he lives in Sweden or something now. He's such a great guy!

Spread Eagle kicked ass!!!

Oh, and BTW Jack... no offense taken. If I were you though I'd buy a Jackson Custom Shop guitar now if you really want one. Does it really matter what building the guitars are made in? Life is short man, get what you can, while you can!

Matt [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
                        Special deals for JCF members on Jackson/Charvel, Suhr, Anderson, Nash, Splawn, Bogner, LSL, Ibanez, Diezel, Friedman, Bad Cat, 3rd Power, Dr. Z, ENGL and more. FREE SHIPPING! 0% FINANCING!

Comment

You'll find good and bad in just about every guitar company. I got my Fender Double Fat Strat in Sep. 2001. I think it sounds and plays great, but there was a little bit of glue on a couple of the frets and fingerboard... I scraped most of it off without a problem, and the sides of a couple fret slots could use a tiny bit of filler. It is a little annonying for a USA guitar that cost almost $1,000, but I can't find anything else wrong with the guitar. Though, the rosewood board was very light and looked a little dry and sickly... but a heavy dose of oiling cleared that up pretty quick and now it's much darker and healthier looking. I guess I got lucky and got one of the better ones compared to what Pete and Greg have found.
                          I've owned a few import Jacksons and Charvels and couldn't find a flaw in any of them. If Fender gets on the ball and keeps their QC up for both their products and Jackson's, I think all will be fine.
                          I don't think Fender had the idea to waste their money by acquiring J/C and running it into the ground. I think all should be good, as long as they listen to their fans and put out a great product and keep up on the quality control. If they can get stuff out quicker, with great Q/C all around, great. But if they're going to cut corners and just try to mass-produce stuff just for the sake of getting it out and selling more quicker, then that's bad..

[ September 17, 2003, 12:09 PM: Message edited by: toejam ]

Comment

Originally posted by jsullysix:
                            ...and while these guitars mean a lot to us, we're basically the comic book guy on the simpsons.

yes...really! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

sully
                            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">In Comic Book Guy voice...

"Worst comparison ever!"

[img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

- E.

[ September 17, 2003, 12:16 PM: Message edited by: AlexL ]
                            Good Lord! The rod up that man's butt must have a rod up its butt!

Comment

On the other side from the flawed Fender Custom Shop models you guys played in GC, I owned a Mexi-Strat for about 3 years, a '98 Standard Strat in sunburst, and everything was tight and beautiful on it! Sure everything from wood to hardware was
                              cheaper than USA's but I found it played as nice as a lot of USA's that weren't dogs, but were also fit and finished well. No razor frets or big gaps anywhere. Of course I didn't use the trem on it, that was just frustrating.

I was happy with it when I needed my trad Strat fix for 3 years though, then sold it for $50 more than I paid new! Can't do much better than that! Thanks to MF for raising the price $71 in the interim and making that sale easy for me!

[ September 17, 2003, 12:32 PM: Message edited by: lerxstcat ]
                              Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by KMaynard:
                                I agree with Greg on many points here myself .. but I want to clarify something .. It always bothers me when people think CNC work is a bad thing. Someone please explain the difference in a piece of wood that is routed square at 1"X1"x1" to a piece that is cnc'ed to the same dimensions?... there is no difference .. what does change is any variants that are created from the hand work .. hand sanding etc .. I don't think this process had changed very much since the guitars were hand routed .. what you end up with in CNC work is a part that doesn't have any change piece to piece and increased productivity ... Hell it's a lot easier to mill a neck on CNC than to use a pin router and templates ....where the issue lends itself to problems are things like fret work,bindings,wiring etc etc etc .. not the intial cutting of the wood provided it's loaded into the machine correctly ....

Maybe I'm a bit touchy on this but hell .. it is what I do for a living ..
                                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Well said Kev, I couldn't agree with you more.... [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Dave->
                                Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Working...
                                X