Bad news guys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Bad news guys

[img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img] NO WORRIES BE HAPPY GUYS THESE ARE VERY VERY VERY GOOD TIMES [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] NO MATTER WHAT [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] ! " THE MAGIG IS BACK " CHECK OUT THE NEW CATOLOGE LOOK WHO'S THERE LOOK HARD LIFE IS GOOD REJOICE [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] ! STRATHEAD CHARVELS ARE BACK MY GOD MAN WHY COMPLAIN ITS ALL GOOD GOOD GOOD ! NUFF SAID ! [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img] PEACE BRO'S PEACE ! , ALZ

Comment

i also cant wait to play the new stratheads ! alz

Comment

Originally posted by toejam:
        Pick up a USA Hamer and you'll see what good wood selection really is. They DO handpick every piece of wood they get in, and they reject quite a bit that's actually good but just not up to their standards. Then again, Hamer only makes like, what, 13 guitars a week or something?
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Well, we weren't discussing USA Hamers. I was discussing USA SD Charvels. Most of which had paint covering the body, and when you know you're going to paint a guitar, the wood selection just isn't as important, at least visually.
        The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

I really couldve done something better with my time than spend 50 minutes reading all of this.
          Im off for a burger.

Jamesy

And no, I have nothing to add!!! Whenever I hear about changes to US Jacksons/custom shop stuff Im always like [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] and I remember Ill most likely never be able to afford decent new Jacksons [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

i knew it for months, i couldnt say anything though, as far as they have told me everyone is keeping thier job's as long as they wanted to do the extra drive

Comment

[img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] HI BRAD hope your well ! i am selling off tons of killer axes call me ! u no how to get my numba ! see ya , alz

[ September 23, 2003, 11:02 PM: Message edited by: ALZ ]

Comment

NOT MUCH IM LOOKING FOR , E MAIL ME WITH WHAT YOU GOT, PLUS I BOUGHT A DVD RECORDER, IM TRASNFERING ALL MY CONCERT VIDEOS RIGHT NOW!

Comment

Originally posted by JACKSONWOLF:
                  I`m sorry guys, but if this is true, I have bought my last "New" Jackson Guitar. I can`t believe this is happening, I just won`t buy a guitar built in the FENDER factory [img]graemlins/nono.gif[/img] . I wouldn`t even be seen dead with a Fender Strap for gods sake. The only alternative for me is to buy used guitars as there is NO alternative to the finest guitars of all time. [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I second that. Anybody that thinks Mexican made guitars are of good quality doesn't know guitars. Even USA Fenders suck.

Comment

Well, it doesn't take a much of a brain to think that Mexistrats suck.

All of the mexican and USA Fenders I've played have been anywhere from average to excellent guitars. The USA are just more money than I think they're worth.

That being said, all I own are Jacksons, all of them are US except for one.
                    The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

so how is your experience with Post-Fender Jacksons? Have you noticed a dramatic drop-off in quality, etc? I'm just wondering so I can be fully informed as I browse ebay auctions pitching Pre-Fender Jacksons. Want to know if it's worth paying more for what's destined to be a real "collectors" guitar. Because of course prices are rightly going to start increasing now, even on the previously maligned 3-bolt neck Soloists. Gotta starting snatching up those Pre-Fender axes before the non-playing Japanese collectors get them all to store in glasses cases in their underground vaults.
                      Hail yesterday

Comment

Well I have a full brain and I'll second that too. Fender was a great manufacturer back in the day, and that is what keeps them floating and making the same old guitars with subtle changes.

What scares me is we will be seeing much more of the fake synthetic inlays and other corner cutting that has been going on in the last few years. One reason they are one of the largest buyers of woods is they will take and use what many others will not.

I'm sticking with pre Fender USA and Japanese guitars for my collection.

Comment

gary, [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] ya threadkillin freak...

sully
                          Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                          Sully Guitars on Facebook
                          Sully Guitars on Google+
                          Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

There isn't any difference from what I've seen so far, but as time has shown us Fender will do everything they can to cut corners. That and if their Custom Shop gets involved with the Jackson's in any way, which they will in time you can hang it up. I have people sending me Fender Custom Shop guitars all the time for work becuase they are unhappy with the quality. Mostly necks and frets, but electronics are going down hill too lately. All of their Imports are very cheap now. As for the run of the mill USA made they are not much different than MIM models. Think about who is making them.

Comment

Somebody needs to understand.... sarcasm. [img]graemlins/eyes.gif[/img]

Good one G [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Well that is disheartening, even if some of the staff moves with the move. The assimilation of Jackson into Fender has begun. Resistance is futile. [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                                X