Bad news guys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Bad news guys

well as long as the guitars are the same in terms of quality/playability/tone and all that, I really don't care where they're built [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by Lev:
      well as long as the guitars are the same in terms of quality/playability/tone and all that, I really don't care where they're built [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Thats a good attitude! Most Jackson lovers don't care about the difference between San Dimas or Ontario, why should this be any different?

Comment

tim and mike are still gonna be runnin the shop.

sully
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">If Fender does not "tie-their-hands"..... Give'em the ball....

THIS WILL BE A SLAM DUNK!!!!!!

-eric

[ September 15, 2003, 08:06 PM: Message edited by: abalonevintage ]

Comment

Originally posted by Firebird V:
          Hey Sully.... not to get off the topic... BUT... I liked your last avatar better. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">yeah no **** cocky bugger [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] //Steve

Comment

I hope it will speed up the process and cut overhead - which will bring the CS prices down. That would be a great start to rebuilding the business....

Comment

What about USA Jacksons? And will my one order Jackson USA still be made in the ontario shop? Not jumping to any conclusions or anyhting,

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Shine:
                ...but it was posted on the FDP two months ago in the Custom Shop thread that the Fender was setting up space in the building where the Fender Custom Shop is for the Jackson Custom Shop...
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Well, it's news to me. Thanks everyone for keeping the JCF loyalists informed of the important sh1t like this. Sorry if I don't stay updated to what goes on at the FDP, but since I only own one Fender and 13 Jacksons and 2 Charvels, I saw no sense in hanging out at "the motherboard" to get the important news about the guitars I own more of.

Ah well, anyone see the Crew Shot in the '03 catalog? Tim and Mike and maybe 2 other guys are white, the rest are Hispanic, so does it really matter if they're made in Mexico? As long as Mike and Tim are allowed to properly train the woodcutters and QA remains as high as it has been at the Japanese facility, I have no problem with it. Lower shipping costs from Mexico to America, and possibly to Europe, which should (read: better) translate to lower street prices.
                I do hope the Jackson Japan shop stays open so the Asian markets are served (and so we can still score some exclusive models like the NASL or 24 fret RRs [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] ), and in reality I don't see FMIC paying for 30+ Ontario workers to move to AZ. KEvil didn't want to move from his home either, so even if it is all-expenses paid, I'm sure the guys in Ontario are California boys and wouldn't want to move to another state.

Newc
                I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

You veterans may remember that I posted this eventuality way back when.....TOLD YA! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                  "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

The Fender Custom Shop actually makes pretty high-quality stuff, from what I've seen. How damaging could the move from Ontario to Corona possibly be?

As for Mexis, they're ok for the price. Not great, but I don't want to judge until I see for myself. The "I swear I'll never buy a new Jackson again" people are jumping the gun, wouldn't you say?

EDIT: Good call, Newc! /\/\/\

[ September 15, 2003, 08:32 PM: Message edited by: Black Mask ]

Comment

Ya, but I didn`t think it would come to fruition and reality. I thought things were going fine as is. I nead to sleep on this one [img]graemlins/sleep.gif[/img] Jack.

Comment

[quote]Originally posted by Jim Shine:
                        Most Jackson lovers don't care about the difference between San Dimas or Ontario, why should this be any different?
                        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yeah, but remember that this also coincided with an era where Jackson started using lower-quality components - JT6 trems, Jackson PUs, etc. And basically killing off the Charvel line, while bringing it back as a cheaper import line. It took them until the late 80s / early 90s to get out of that funk.

Whatever your view, it's disappointing at some level. The end of another era, 'ya know? Long term, it might end up being a good thing. I would, however, be concerned about the near term: next year, two or three. Things might get worse before they get better. That's how these things typically play out. Crossing my fingers, hoping they do it right. [img]graemlins/help.gif[/img]

And, yes, that requires allowing Tim and Mike, et al enough freedom to do what's needed and right. Good point, Eric.

Comment

Newc, you do realize that Corona is in California, right? [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img] Your post makes it sound like you think they're moving the custom shop to Mexico. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

we will see but watever happens at least they are making the investment & doing things. mexican imports instead of korean or indian doesnt sound bad to me. sometimes change is good sometimes its not. come on they are bringing back USA charvels.

Comment

I take it as for good.
                              As long as U.S. made Jackson guitar quality stays up there,no problem.

Comment

With the exception of my '98 Rhoads Skulls that I bought in a MF "Summer Garage Sale" I have never purchased a new Jackson. Yet I own over 50 of them. I'll always be looking at the older ones, at least older to me, like 1990 and back. I bet the humidity in Corona will make, like, the wood warp and stuff. [img]graemlins/evilimages/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
                                "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
                                Gotta get away from here.
                                Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
                                Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Working...
                                X