Bad news guys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Bad news guys

The move cannot hurt the guitars I love. If anything, the value of USA Jacksons will go up (maybe to where it should be). Come one guys, for the most part Jacksons are way underpriced and undervalued. Neck thru USA Soloists for $600 used? That's insane, and they should cost double. Yes, it sucks to be young and working at Taco Bell to save your nickles for a Jackson that will now cost double, but that's what you get for patronizing bands like Corn and Limp Wristed. I don't feel sorry for you.

Brett

Comment

Well I for one was enjoying the self-satisfying snicker of spending $500 for a used USA-made guitar while people fought into the thousands for those Ibenhad and ESPee Jackson copies.

And it's not the distance from SD/Glendora/Ontario that matters, it's how that distance affects the frame of mind of the people doing the work. While it's only 10 more miles, a lot can happen in 10 miles: crappy traffic, poorly-designed/confusing intersection, bad road section, sh1tty parking, nowhere close to get a good lunch, machinery set up in an unfamiliar arrangement, different lighting than what you're used to, etc etc - even the small personal crap hanging on the wall at your workstation. All that stuff would have to replaced and the workstaions will have to "re-harmonized" to each individual's comfort zone.
      Every change that affects you also affects your job performance.

And if Tim and Mike oversaw production of nothing but stabbed-poo Jackson knockoffs I suppose it'd be ok just to dream that one of them may have pinched it off personally?

Newc

[ September 16, 2003, 12:51 AM: Message edited by: Newc ]
      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Ah, I'm still trying to find a San Dimas Charvel with the 3 single pu config, so I am personally not too worried about it. Besides if you love a guitar & the same guys are running things, they should stay close to the same.

Comment

Interesting stuff....too bad they couldn't leave well enough alone...you don't need the bestest stuff to make awesome guitars, that comes from the heart...

And I thought Fender bought Jackson to be an independant arm/leg of the company, not so independant now...but who knows, Corona may be closer to home for some employees, they may come to work happier now!!

Rocker8090, I know a guy selling a 3 single coil SD Charvel...email me if you're interested..

Vic

Comment

You've got mail Genebaby.

Comment

Hm, the owner of the guitar shop in Hamburg where I always go to predicted that this would happen... back then when I asked him about it in January. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

He said that he expects Fender to free up some space in their corona building and move the Jackson custom shop there... and that we might see Mexican import Jacksons soon.
              Because, after all, it's quite a logical step for them to do this.

Well, I am not too concerned about this. We'll see how it'll turn out, and if they begin to produce crap or something we can still start to ***** and moan...

However, I hope there will still be Japanese Jacksons.
              http://www.myspace.com/officialuncreation

Comment

It WILL drive the price up on the SanDimas and Ontario made guitars for the simple fact an era is over.I'm sure there will be percieved differences in the corona C/S Jackson guitars as well as differences in the mexican C/J guitars and the Jap ones.The mexican strats are pretty good quality really so I dont see a big problem.
                I will miss the attention to detail the japanese put in their work like the binding on the model 6's and the stellar paint and finish work of the 80's thru 2000's.Only time will tell.
                Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Hi,
                  Fender is very unfamiliar with Jackson guitars and gear. They do not know the inventory yet.

I worked at Guitar Center when the whole deal went down, Fender did buy Jackson, but their idea was to keep the custom shop open.

I needed to order RR1's and RR5's and they didnt know what the hell I was talking about.

And also at the NAMM show this year, Jackson had a tiny little wall in the Fender room, which by the way Fender was and always is in its own part of the show so most people never even see the Fender room. Jackson had no customs no specialties, just stock factory guitars, makes me sick..
                  But yet they sure wanted to show me the new Fender paint jobs and stufff.....
                  I didnt even see any regulars hanging out there like I do every year.
                  Mike, Tim, where'd you go?.....!!!!!

The Jackson Custom Shop will still be making guitars in the USA, and have much quality still to the customs.

Jeff @ WF10
                  ex- Jackson Authorized Guitar dealer

Comment

All the guitars go to Corona from Ontario for QA and shipping anyhow. Now it's just one less trip. I don't see how moving the custom shop to a more modernized facility with better and possibly more equipment is going to be a bad thing. And why would they change all the stuff they worked on that was at summer NAMM? I think for the most part the new line showed that Fender wants Jackson moving in the direction most Jackson fans do. I doubt they plan on un doing what has been already done.
                    We must!
                    We must!
                    We must increase the bust!
                    The bigger the better!
                    The tighter the sweater!
                    The boys are counting on us!

Comment

The negativity here about this is exactly why they keep these things a secret ... irregardless of the move the same people will still be making the same guitars to the same specs ...
                      Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

Originally posted by brett8388:
                        but that's what you get for patronizing bands like Corn and Limp Wristed. I don't feel sorry for you.
                        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                        Amen to that, brutha.

Comment

Originally posted by KMaynard:
                          The negativity here about this is exactly why they keep these things a secret ... irregardless of the move the same people will still be making the same guitars to the same specs ...
                          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Couldn't have said it any better. [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

As I've said before, I'm cautiously optimistic. Although this raises my "caution meter" a little higher, I still remain so.

Xeno: I doubt they have plans to do less with Dan Lawrence. As already mentioned, the difference is only about 20 miles. Besides, they profiled him in the new catalog.

Possible side benefit: walk over to the Fender side of the building, and pick up a few stratheaded neck blanks. Bring `em back to the J/C side, and shape and finish `em to Charvel specs. Whalla! [img]graemlins/images/icons/wink.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by shreddermon:
                            Possible side benefit: walk over to the Fender side of the building, and pick up a few stratheaded neck blanks. Bring `em back to the J/C side, and shape and finish `em to Charvel specs. Whalla! [img]graemlins/images/icons/wink.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

personally, I think if buildquality remains the same.. it can only cut costs and reduce prices. maybe wishful thinking [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] but just my 2ct. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by WF10:
                              [QBAnd also at the NAMM show this year, Jackson had a tiny little wall in the Fender room, which by the way Fender was and always is in its own part of the show so most people never even see the Fender room. Jackson had no customs no specialties, just stock factory guitars, makes me sick..
                              But yet they sure wanted to show me the new Fender paint jobs and stufff.....
                              I didnt even see any regulars hanging out there like I do every year.
                              Mike, Tim, where'd you go?.....!!!!!

Jeff @ WF10
                              ex- Jackson Authorized Guitar dealer [/QB]
                              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">jeff, i dunno what namm show you went to, but there were custom one offs (gold diamond plated kelly, fastars, us charvels), and both mike and tim were there... how do i know? i stood with mike and grover and looked with them at the new charvels, and i talked to tim outside of the fender/jackson room.

the reason that the display may have been smaller was b/c they just bought the company a few months prior... jeez, have some perspective.
                              Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                              Sully Guitars on Facebook
                              Sully Guitars on Google+
                              Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by KMaynard:
                                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">well, that and the fact that 1600+ screw counting freaks are not going to influence major business decisions. we're a SMALL population kids. what we think matters very little; i don't mean that as a shot, just realistic perspective.

sully
                                Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                                Sully Guitars on Facebook
                                Sully Guitars on Google+
                                Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Working...
                                X