Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Bad news guys

Another reason for the move:
    Fender/Jackson didnt own the building in Onterio. It was leased.......
    New Perspective,huh? [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
    My 2 cents
    Todd
    "Now remember, things look bad and it looks like you're not gonna make it, then you gotta get mean. I mean plumb, mad-dog mean. 'Cause if you lose your head and you give up then you neither live nor win. That's just the way it is. ":JOSEY WALES

Comment

I doubt 20 mile will hardly make a different in any thing.

And it WILL cut costs otherwise they wouldn't have done it. But, it will cut costs for THEM not US. I seriously would be extremely suprised if prices for Jacksons went down as a result of this.

Comment

Now I see why the admins are admins. You guys are smart! Seriously, Fender knows exactly what they're doing... Jackson is in good hands and I'm willing to bet there will be some cool stuff debuted at NAMM. Are any of you guys going to the show this year?

Matt [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
        Special deals for JCF members on Jackson/Charvel, Suhr, Anderson, Nash, Splawn, Bogner, LSL, Ibanez, Diezel, Friedman, Bad Cat, 3rd Power, Dr. Z, ENGL and more. FREE SHIPPING! 0% FINANCING!

Comment

Matt,

The admins are supposed to be there this year. ... Will you be going?

[ September 16, 2003, 10:06 AM: Message edited by: KMaynard ]
          Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

While I do agree that there is reason for the caution [img]graemlins/brow.gif[/img] meter to rise a bit, I think we are far from being out on the ledge ready to jump...

Let's also remember the good things that have happened since FMIC bought Jackson.

- They have produced the best catalog in years, with focus on the tradition and history of the company, including Mike Shannon and Dan Lawrence, two key players in that tradition and history.

- They have created the 25th anniversary Charvel, a guitar that has been the obsession of many collectors and players for years.

As I see it, they have earned the right to our confidence until proven otherwise.

One more thing (and I know i'll get flamed from some for this), let's remember that the factory moved once before, and while there may have been some bumps in the road, Jackson has continued to build quality guitars since then as well. Let's not get to carried away with this idea that changing factories automatically reduces the quality of the product. There have been MANY Ontario Jackson's I have owned over the years that are equal to or better than many San Dimas Charvels I have owned.

Comment

I agree with Ralph 100%!

"Better listen to him, Flounder. He's pre-med."
              Occupy JCF

Comment

I feel the need to agree with Tekky and Ralph E. This move seems pretty insignificant - it's just a building. If Mike and Tim still have control over what happens, within the shop, what's the worry? I doubt very much that anyone wants to see Jacksons quality take a sh1tslide.
                Thanks for the update, Sid...take anyones lunch money today?
                Tarbaby Fraser.

Comment

sounds like someone's trying to drive up prices so he can make more money...whats the big deal?...if they moved back to glendora would this still be an issue?....if it's the same people making the stuff who cares?...ill say this one more time...the people who work at jackson now want it to succeed...this is their job on the line...i, for one, do not believe fender will ruin the company...it's not like they could get the die-hard c/j players to switch to fenders anyway...it's 2 different guitars, and rest assured...they know that...i wish we'd all quit jumping to conclusions and let them do their jobs...they promised cool stuff at summer namm and delivered...they've promised more cool stuff at winter namm, and i bet they'll deliver there too...you catch more flies with honey than vinegar...d.m.

[ September 16, 2003, 11:08 AM: Message edited by: diablomozart ]
                  http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Devane.ASP

http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Torquestra.ASP

Comment

That is it...I lost a lot of sleep after I heard this. It's over guys. I can't eat, can't sleep, I can't even think straight...I can't go on like this. Goodbye cruel world!!! They will have to pry my San Dimas Jackson out of my cold dead hands at the bottom of Lake Norman!!! [img]images/icons/blush.gif[/img]

Comment

F'n [img]graemlins/baby.gif[/img] ies You guys are making mountains out of mole hills. Go play your guitars
                      for cryin out loud! It is no big deal.... Anybody that is loosing sleep: over this. needs :help

This will not increase or decrease prices at all.

[img]graemlins/rant.gif[/img]

[ September 16, 2003, 11:29 AM: Message edited by: Firebird V ]

Comment

For those who are looking at the geographical angle of this, consider this... How many employees live either in Corona, or between Corona and Ontario? You're not assuming that they ALL live in a commune behind the custom shop are you?

It's sad that, the "Chicken Littles" of the board see a change and think that we're all going to end up with expensive firewood imported from Mexico. Relax kids!!! They're cutting some costs, it was mentioned that they're moving from leased space to owned space. BIG Cost savings. Money that is in the Jackson/Charvel budget and will possibly stay there to be re-invested in Jackson/Charvel. All of this is an effort to streamline production and (you have to admit it...) maximize profits. Without the profits, Jackson/Charvel would not be worth continuing.

Again, I'm not pro-FMIC nor am I anti-FMIC, but I AM pro Jackson/Charvel. As was stated before, the current management of Jackson/Charvel are showing us that they care about the product. This move is realistically a non issue that has some positive aspects.
                        Occupy JCF

Comment

To Tekky:

"I thought he was pre-law?"

Comment

Wouldn't it be cool if the first Corona-built custom shop guitar was a Charvel with a Corona beer label graphic. Kinda' like a nod and wink to the original Heiny? [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

I think I'm pre-menstrual. [img]graemlins/fart.gif[/img]
                              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

That would be cool!

Comment

Working...
                                X