Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Bad news guys

Oh yeah... I almost forgot.

For Sale RARE USA MADE Ontario Jackson. Many people feel the Ontario Jackson/Rare rare Ontario - NOT Corona. Made in ONTARIO Jacksons play better. By my Quality Ontartio Jackson at the Bargain Basement price of $5,000 plus $50 shipping. Comes with RARE original Ontario plastic molded case. Serious Buyers please!

LOL just kiddin [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

J/C strathead blanks are different from the Fender ones.
      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Really now. 'Splain THAT one in detail...and don't bother pointing to San Dimas stratheads as they no longer are being made.

Are you using the 25th Anniversary strathead as your example. Its a Fender, folks. And I have THAT on 100% GREAT authority...

Comment

As much as I've tried to resist the urge to reply here, I have to chime in ...

First: yes, the Ontario shop will be moving production to the Corona facility, which is just 12 miles away. The J/C production will have it's own space to work with, and it will have its own machinery and tools. From what I understand, a lot of the existing machinery will be moved, and the work of the machinery that doesn't make the move will be picked up by better, more modern tools.

As for employees, we fully understand that Jackson and Charvel are more than just names on a headstock ... they are guitars built by people. No matter how big or bad you may think we are at times, FMIC is run by people who know what they are doing, and know that the people who make our other guitars are the very best at retaining the whole vibe of what they are making.

That means that we know that the people who make Jackson and Charvel guitars, not just Mike and Tim, are the ones who make Jackson and Charvel guitars what they are. The same people who make USA Jacksons and Charvels in Ontario are the same people who will be making them in Corona.

As for Mexico production, I've been told that it is not in the plans right now. All foreign guitar production will remain as it is for the time being, but that's not to say that we won't consider moving some production to Ensenada somewhere down the road.

I don't know anything about any future pricing structures, and even if I did, I probably wouldn't comment on it ... not my area.

Honestly, this move is not that big of a deal except for the fact that we will be able to offer better tools and a more modern environment for Jackson and Charvel builders to make killer guitars for you. I really hope that a 12 mile move is not something that you'll lose sleep over.

M-

Comment

Thanks! Okay folks...Move along.... Nothing to see here.....

Comment

[img]graemlins/band.gif[/img]

[ September 16, 2003, 01:15 PM: Message edited by: Jim Shine ]

Comment

Thank you very much Morgan. We appreciate you making a statement.
              Occupy JCF

Comment

OK, I'll re-open it. I didn't mean to raise that big of a stink.
                Occupy JCF

Comment

I heard a rumor that Fender was going to move all of the J/C import production from Japan to a former Nike sweatshop in Indonesia, where only underage child indentured servants would be employed, and all of the emergency exits would be blocked in the case of fire. Oh, and only one-legged kids would be used, as their other leg would be shackled and locked to the CNC machines.

[img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

well, duh, but you left out that the names of the children workers will be changed to "mike shannon" so they can be marketed as shannons.

sully
                    Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                    Sully Guitars on Facebook
                    Sully Guitars on Google+
                    Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Makes complete sense to me! Thanks for the real story Morgan!!!!!
                      Transitioning from Retired Musician from cover bands to a Full time vocalist/frontman/guitarist in an original and covers band....it's been a while and this should get NASTY!

Check out the new band at - https://www.facebook.com/PerfectStormMetal/?fref=nf

Comment

A serious two part question:

a) What will be the timeframe for the move? i.e., When is it expected that the new Corona J/C custom shop will be up and fully running?

b) Will there be a transition period - however brief - where neither shop is in production?

Comment

Thank you Morgan, you have eased some of my fears, as I am soon going to order a Custom Shop Jackson Soloist [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] Jack.

Comment

Thanks Morgan. I still don't like it, but.....

Could someone at FMIC see to it that the last Ontario-made guitar and the first Corona-made guitar are not publicized? Maybe leave a fuzzy smear in the log book between now and three months after the move? That'd be soooooooo killer to NOT see this listed on Ebay or in the JCF Classifieds as something as rare and expensive as RR's personal white Jackson [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Newc
                            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Hey, I've got a 2001 Fender USA Double Fat Strat hardtail. Is it worth any more now that it's pre Jackson/Charvel takeover? [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

To jsullysix.....

I was at the right NAMM show, Tim and Mike were not at the show when I made it to the Fender room on Sunday, there was not the display and as many customs as it seems they usually have years earlier, perspective, please.... gimme a break.
                                My perspective and my opinions on Jacksons has not changed at all, the customs are the best guitars made in the world. And the people who make them, better than then best..!..

I dont appreciate my words being taken out of context jsullysix. My words spoken on JCF were the truth, and I have only spoken positive words on the site regarding Jacksons, no matter where they are made.

I am here to have fun and collect not be picked on my an over critical know it all...
                                I mean no disrespect...

jeff, i dunno what namm show you went to etc....

Comment

Working...
                                X