Bad news guys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Bad news guys

Well, you must have got there late, because there are plenty of this year's winter NAMM pics on this board. Don't make Sully get out the nut noose! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[ September 16, 2003, 04:51 PM: Message edited by: toejam ]
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

If my last posting sounded critical, or critical on sully, I apologize.
      No negative vibes. Jacksons rule...

Comment

Originally posted by WF10:
        To jsullysix.....

I was at the right NAMM show, Tim and Mike were not at the show when I made it to the Fender room on Sunday, there was not the display and as many customs as it seems they usually have years earlier, perspective, please.... gimme a break.
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">You went there late.
        Most of Namm guitars are sold to stores.

Comment

Comment

HEY! YOU CAN'T BUY US OVER WITH YOUR FLASHY PICTURES AND YOur ul...tra... su...preme... great taste in photos of none... oth...er... than... randy... [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] rhoaaaaaaads... [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] . so good buddy WF, what were we all talkin' about again? [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Provide me with a quality instrument for a fair price and I'll be on board if its made in Mexico, Malaysia, or here in the States.

While the Japanese Jacksons are (IMO) great instruments, I wouldn't mind seeing what could be made in Mexico.

Comment

The timing of this will happen over the next few weeks, nothing more specific that I know of. I don't know all that is involved in the move from a logistical standpoint (i.e., moving equipment, supplies, etc.), so I can't really say whether or not there will be a period of non-production. Most likely yes (or at least that scenario makes sense to me), but it would not be a significant period of downtime.

I would bet that, since we've done this sort of move before, we are timing this so that existing inventory versus open orders will coincide, meaning, we'll have enough product to ship while production gets up to speed so there will be minimal lag. I'm also sure that existing custom orders will be a major priority.

As for the last Ontario guitar/first Corona guitar, I'll say that we probably haven't even thought of that, and that it's not something we'd go out of our way to publicize. I'm sure there will be those claiming (in the future) to have the last Ontario Jackson or the first Corona Charvel, but I can almost guarantee that there will be no way to verify that ... we just don't document things like that. Unless, of course, the actual builder or anybody else in the shop archives the serial numbers.

Now, a side note and probably my last post on this issue ...

We didn't come out with this and tell you at an earlier time because, in all honesty, it wasn't really an issue. We were more concerned with making sure that there would be a smooth transition with the facilities, the machinery, the inventory, and everything else that comes with a move. I don't mean this in a bad way so please don't take it that way (this will be my new disclaimer before I post anything here [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] ), but the last thing on our minds was , "Hey, did anyone tell the JCFers?" [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Our main goal was to get things up and running so you, as players and consumers, would not be effected by a lack of new products in the stores.

Hope this sheds some light, and here's to a quick, smooth and successful transition.

M-

Comment

Originally posted by Trypp Powell:
                  While the Japanese Jacksons are (IMO) great instruments, I wouldn't mind seeing what could be made in Mexico.
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I agree.

Distance from Corona CA to Ensenada, BC, Mexico:

170 miles

[img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]
                  "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Distance from Canberra, AU to Corona, CA = 7674 miles [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

Comment

• Re: Bad news guys

FYI, guys: The Corona facility is ultra-modern and quite large.
                      Check out these paragraphs I found online:

"But the biggest event for Fender in 1998 was the opening of its new state-of-the-art manufacturing facility in Corona. The 177,000 square-foot facility was built on a nineteen acre site, with over half of that space set aside for future growth, and is the culmination of a vision that at times seemed almost impossible. The entire line of American-made Fender guitars are built at the Corona factory, which is capable of making over 350 guitars each day.
                      In addition, the Corona facility utilizes the innovative UVOXÔ system, which combines ultraviolet light, a special scrubber process, and a carbon bed absorption system to help ensure that the air emitted from the factory is 95% clean. The new factory is not only a state-of-the-art manufacturing facility, but a tribute to how a group of dedicated individuals, when they set their minds to it, can create the "impossible".
                      The Fender Custom Shop also shares space at the new facility. Over fifty artisans now work at the Custom Shop, offering the world's finest custom made instruments to professional musicians, as well as a complete line of
                      hand-crafted replications of classic Fender models. And to complete the Corona operation, the amplifier Custom Shop was brought back from
                      Scottsdale and folded into the guitar Custom Shop."

[img]graemlins/band.gif[/img]

Comment

[quote]Originally posted by jsullysix:
                        Originally posted by WF10:
                        [QBAnd also at the NAMM show this year, Jackson had a tiny little wall in the Fender room, which by the way Fender was and always is in its own part of the show so most people never even see the Fender room. Jackson had no customs no specialties, just stock factory guitars, makes me sick..
                        But yet they sure wanted to show me the new Fender paint jobs and stufff.....
                        I didnt even see any regulars hanging out there like I do every year.
                        Mike, Tim, where'd you go?.....!!!!!

Jeff @ WF10
                        ex- Jackson Authorized Guitar dealer
                        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">...jeff...i'd love to know how i took exactly what you said out of context? i'm not looking to put words in anyone's mouth, here. that's exactly what you said and i replied to your exact words.

i can understand that jackson may have had a bigger booth in the namm days of yore, but it was smaller this year b/c they probably didn't have a whole ton of time to get more done. i'll be the first to say that i was bummed at what jackson had, but i understood the reasoning why.

also, keep in mind that you went on the last day when just about everything is winding down and people are namm'ed out. i was there saturday and sunday and that booth/room was packed more often than not. again, i was a bit bummed that there weren't any new catalogs, and some of the fenders looked a bit charvy, but life goes on. while guitars are a big part of my life, i'm not gonna slit 'em b/c i see a jake e lee styled fender, and no 24 fret rhoads model.

i think morgan said it best when he said that their main concern was a smooth transition, not alerting us. it's not a slam at all, but there are priorities, and while these guitars mean a lot to us, we're basically the comic book guy on the simpsons.

yes...really! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

sully
                        Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                        Sully Guitars on Facebook
                        Sully Guitars on Google+
                        Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

ah yes, this should supply adequate sustinence for my Dr. Who MaraTHON!

Comment

[img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

that Anime figure looks like this sack 'eh crap i know of. can't stand the kid. looks like an anorexic little girl. charlie brown's sister stretched out to 6' 1".

Comment

[quote]Originally posted by jsullysix:
                                we're basically the comic book guy on the simpsons.

yes...really! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

sully
                                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Really????
                                I always pictured myself more as a Moe Sizlack kind of guy. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                                X