X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Bad news guys

Szyslak

[img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

heh...ron is martin prince.
      Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
      Sully Guitars on Facebook
      Sully Guitars on Google+
      Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I've attended the NAMM show before, and although I had a great time, from the stand point of a consumer the whole thing seems like a waste of valuable overhead. From what I understand, exhibiting at a NAMM show isn't cheap so I'd rather see Jackson have a smaller display and keep their expenses (and consequently, their prices) down.

Comment

Sully: Screw counters? The comic book guy? Man, you're on fire lately. Good stuff. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Morgan: thanks again for the info. [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] You can probably take that athletic cup off now. But you might also want to put it in a safe place for possible use at a future time. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

One thing that annoys me about NAMM, other than I'll probably never go, sniff, sniff...is that manufacturers take a lot of time out 'gearing up' for NAMM each year...and this is twice a year...every few months there's a 'hang on, give us time, we're getting ready for NAMM', which is mainly just to show off to other manufactureres, while the orders of the common guy get pushed back a bit to accomodate...imagine if there was a US election every 6 months....even less would get done as the Pres would be forever on the campaign trail.... [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Just my take on it...they should let Joe Public in, like the big Motor Shows and similar...

Comment

Jackson's are made in JAPAN!!!???
                [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]
                WTF? What's next - India??
                750xl, 88LE, AT1, Roswell Pro, SG-X, 4 others...
                Stilletto Duece 1/2 Stack, MkIII Mini-Stack, J-Station, 12 spaces of misc rack stuff, Sonar 4, Event 20/20, misc outboard stuff...

Why do I still want MORE?

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX:
                  FYI, guys: The Corona facility is ultra-modern and quite large.
                  Check out these paragraphs I found online:

"But the biggest event for Fender in 1998 was the opening of its new state-of-the-art manufacturing facility in Corona. The 177,000 square-foot facility was built on a nineteen acre site, with over half of that space set aside for future growth, blah blah blah...yadda yaddaa...."
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">so that puts to rest the suggestion that the Jackson Custom Shop is going to be a little bench in a dusty, dark back corner of some poky workshop. The operation isn't some standard size workshop in an industrial estate - it sounds like it IS the industrial estate! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
                  Hail yesterday

Comment

Yeah, that's quite a large building.
                    The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Re:Jackson '03 NAMM show sully your right D'oh...
                      cryoprison sells pictures?....

Comment

To Chuckracer:

"Same difference"
                        Scott
                        Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

I love it when my fellow JCF brethren pick up on quotes of one of the best movies ever made!!!

[img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
                          Occupy JCF

Comment

Originally posted by KMaynard:
                            The negativity here about this is exactly why they keep these things a secret ... irregardless of the move the same people will still be making the same guitars to the same specs ...
                            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I agree Kev 100%. Mike Shannon and Tim Wilson (and hopefully the entire crew) will still be making them, where they make them does not matter to me.

Of all the people quick to the gun... how many of you have played Fender Custom Shop guitars or Mexi-Strats? It isn't like they produce crap-o-casters.

Let's not be so quick to judge...wait until you see first hand a Jackson product produced there, you won't be disappointed.
                            shawnlutz.com

Comment

While I have no doubt that the quality should remain the same, the Jackson Custom Shop is no longer the Jackson Custom Shop. It's now gonna be a workbench in the Fender Custom Shop.

Are they going to have their own seperate space as large or larger than the Ontario Shop? Or are they just going to get half the Fender shop, or are they going to share CNC machines?

I can imagine the volume on USA Jacksons decreasing, and prices increasing.
                              The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Originally posted by Morgan Ringwald FMIC:
                                As much as I've tried to resist the urge to reply here, I have to chime in ...

First: yes, the Ontario shop will be moving production to the Corona facility, which is just 12 miles away. The J/C production will have it's own space to work with, and it will have its own machinery and tools. From what I understand, a lot of the existing machinery will be moved, and the work of the machinery that doesn't make the move will be picked up by better, more modern tools.

As for employees, we fully understand that Jackson and Charvel are more than just names on a headstock ... they are guitars built by people. No matter how big or bad you may think we are at times, FMIC is run by people who know what they are doing, and know that the people who make our other guitars are the very best at retaining the whole vibe of what they are making.

That means that we know that the people who make Jackson and Charvel guitars, not just Mike and Tim, are the ones who make Jackson and Charvel guitars what they are. The same people who make USA Jacksons and Charvels in Ontario are the same people who will be making them in Corona.

As for Mexico production, I've been told that it is not in the plans right now. All foreign guitar production will remain as it is for the time being, but that's not to say that we won't consider moving some production to Ensenada somewhere down the road.

I don't know anything about any future pricing structures, and even if I did, I probably wouldn't comment on it ... not my area.

Honestly, this move is not that big of a deal except for the fact that we will be able to offer better tools and a more modern environment for Jackson and Charvel builders to make killer guitars for you. I really hope that a 12 mile move is not something that you'll lose sleep over.

M-
                                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">thank you so very much ! long live Jackson !!! [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img] //Steve

Comment

Working...
                                X