Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you guys know where to get those heavy knurled Charvel nobs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A joke? Everyone was asking me where they could get them.

Comment

Originally posted by pianoguyy View Post
      This still doesn't answer my question - -

Are those different than the knobs that come standard on most guitars and are available at any parts store?
      Yes they are different. The come from Fender and the part number they got me was #0058386020 but that is the part # from my guitar, my Charvel. According to the people I spoke to you should be able to order them from any Guitar Center.

I'm going to head over there and see what I can make happen.

Comment

I have one on my 2008 USA Charvel and its OK.
        I put that guitar up because its a first run 4 digit plated guitar so it never gets played.
        Wouldn't be my choice of knobs to get because they tear your fingers up if you actually use your volume control.
        Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

A joke?
          yes a joke. go thru old posts. They have been called knobs of death, meat tenderizer naming only a few.

Comment

I guess if you have to have a brutalz metal image its OK to want knobs that rip your hands up.
            Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Originally posted by Rich#6 View Post
              yes a joke. go thru old posts. They have been called knobs of death, meat tenderizer naming only a few.
              Ha! That's good. I always liked them since a lot of our songs had sudden stops and timing changes and I need a knurled volume knob. The only ones I can find are chrome that I'll have to paint black.

Originally posted by straycat View Post
              I guess if you have to have a brutalz metal image its OK to want knobs that rip your hands up.
              They tore your hands up? I worked as a welder for many years so my hands so my mitts are part acetylene torch and part 3rd degree burn.

Comment

LOL, reminds me of a post I made from almost 6 years ago.

Definitely SoCal flavored knob, but not so rubbery, more like bedliner spray.

Comment

Holy shit man! I'm saving that picture.

Comment

^^^

Comment

that pic rules , as for those knobs , i will check my stash ? i dont belive i have even 1 of them ? , see ya , alz / 2014 -- rock on jcf

Comment

I did get an email from Fender and they were going to do some snooping around but I think all I'm going to get from this endeavor is a picture of Thor.

Comment

Originally posted by ZL1hawk View Post
                          I did get an email from Fender and they were going to do some snooping around but I think all I'm going to get from this endeavor is a picture of Thor.

I really wish I could see, in person, the regular ones and the ones you are looking for, side by side.
                          I am looking at my guitars and seeing that they aren't all the same. But nothing with a rubber top and nothing that looks like a ancient torture device.

Comment

AH HA! Got this message from Fender....

Hello,

The closest I could find that we currently use are the knobs you would see on the Joe Duplantier signature and the Warren DeMartini signature. This is part number:

Comment

I'm not completely fond of them. I'm considering changing mine out to something else.

Comment

Did you try PMing Bionic? He's the one who speced those knobs on the charvels

Comment

Working...
                                X