• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

nioce!

Comment

Not my....uhhmm....dinky!!

Comment

Make that a early, prepubescent purple Dinky!

Comment

I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by slo100 View Post
            The earliest dinky I have seen is 1981. A collector I've long lost touch with had it. It may have been a five digit, actually. I think I have the photo somewhere. I'll look. That was back in the days when we mailed (like U.S.P.S. mailed) photos back and forth to each other LOL.

After the original Charvel run ended the plates turned gold/black to chrome/black and said Jackson still with the San Dimas address. During the factory transition things got a bit messy with plates where they got out of sequence. I think things got back in order when the Ontario plates started to appear.

In the late 80's I saw an awesome grey snakeskin strat with a Charvel plate and Jackson logo'd neck. I assumed it was parts and did not buy it. I was not aware of the plate/logo mismatch and that it could well have been legit! Mistake! I should have bought it even if it was parts!
            yup...a guy in marietta ordered a charvel w egyptian graphics and got a jackson logo'd neck with a charvel neckplate...he was kinda pissed but it was a very cool guitar...d.m.
            http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Devane.ASP

http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Torquestra.ASP

Comment

Yeah, I remember the changeover to Jackson very explicitly. I had ordered my first custom guitar - a Soloist - in 85. When the call finally came from the dealer in early 86, I was stoked! And when I got there to pick it up and they opened the case, I wasn't. LOL

Dealer: Here it is!
              Me: uhhhh.
              Dealer: What's the matter? It looks great, doesn't it?
              Me: First of all, that's a bolt-on Strat body with a Kahler. And I ordered a neck-through Soloist with a Floyd. So that's not my guitar. Secondly, what's with the Jackson logo? Shouldn't that be a Charvel?

Idiot salesman called me about someone else's guitar! Mine didn't arrive until a few weeks later. LOL

And I remember thinking the guy who ordered the Strat was going to be pissed when he saw the Jackson logo.
              Last edited by shreddermon; 06-13-2014, 07:32 AM.

Comment

"yup...a guy in marietta ordered a charvel w egyptian graphics and got a jackson logo'd neck with a charvel neckplate...he was kinda pissed but it was a very cool guitar...d.m."

I'd love to see that...
                Last edited by stevoc; 06-14-2014, 04:05 PM. Reason: quote did not appear
                "Some days you're the dog, other days you're the hydrant." - on the back of the business card for Bella the Pomeranian

The comments expressed here do not necessarily reflect the opinions of management.

Comment

Working...
                X