Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FMIC (europe) isn't forthcoming with JT580 parts what are my alternatives?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: FMIC (europe) isn\'t forthcoming with JT580 parts what are my alternatives?

Oh my, you're a "Young Ones" fan! One of my all time favorite shows!

M-

Comment

yep!! we admins aren't all bad... [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] i'm just hoping for a chance to appear on university challenge!

sully
      Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
      Sully Guitars on Facebook
      Sully Guitars on Google+
      Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

sully, just a thought, maybe you could put a "trade" ad in the classifieds for this?

Dave->
        Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Originally posted by jsullysix:
          hey mikee, no one expects you to put on a happy face, but at least right now, there's someone who has answers and rationale behind the situation for you, which is something you didn't really have. i know that doesn't get you replacement saddles, but morgan doesn't have to come here and post about it.
          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">True.
          I partly wanted to blow off steam and see if anyone had a better idea 'cuz I had just 99.999% resigned myself to never getting anything via FMIC-europe.
          So yes indeed Morgan's gotten my hopes up a little bit.
          ....does anyone have some saddles they can send him? i'll hook you up with the item of your choice from the jcf store.

sully
          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">That would be sweet [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

FMIC (europe) isn\'t forthcoming with JT580 parts what are my alternatives?

I wonder if any JCF people could help me.

Sorry for ranting but I've f**king had it with the Fender people and am absolutely disgusted by their non-existent service WRT Jackson Guitars.

Can you believe the local (dutch) distributor for Fender/Jackson ordered my 6 new saddles for a black JT580 bridge somewhere in APRIL and they still haven't received even an acknowledgement that the order has been processed?
            The store itself has excellent service; I spent some hours in there a week ago relaxing and drinking coffee at their expense while hearing horror stories of just how screwed up the internal organization at Fender Int'l. is.
            Fender now routinely sends distros phantom receipts/invoices for unplaced orders or demands up-front payments in full from official distros, ships the WRONG stuff to WRONG places...WTF?

All the while the customer's kept in the dark.

The folks at Conijn told me to please order from Fender USA but I thought there's GOTTA be a way to cut out these @$$holes. I don't want them to see 1 eurocent from me. I've been searching the 'net for a reputable North American shop I can order Jackson parts from but I've no idea where (1000's of shops). Preferably east-coast I guess 'cuz that's closest to europe.
            I also went to onlinestagegear.com first only to read the sorry news [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img]

It'll prolly have to be a money transfer or concealed cash as we dutch folk normally don't have credit cards.
            So, wrapping up; can you please advise a shop to order Jackson parts from?
            Thanks in advance.

Comment

Try Kevin E. Tell him I sent you.

"Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Have you tried getting an OFR? Better unit, easier to get parts for, and all that jazz.

Newc
                I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

OFR="Original Floyd Rose"??
                  Lemme guess...YOU replaced your Jackson bridge assy. with one of these? Good experiences?
                  I wouldn't know where to start...what replacement model should I get? And where would I get that? (website, shop/distro in europe perhaps?)

Comment

Yup, Original Floyd Rose. The one I got came from www.carvin.com
                    Direct replacement for the JT580 on my Hot Rod Flame DK-2.

I suppose the ones from www.warmoth.com work just as well, I think someone here had one from them?

Newc
                    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

Comment

Originally posted by Newc:
                      Yup, Original Floyd Rose. The one I got came from www.carvin.com
                      Direct replacement for the JT580 on my Hot Rod Flame DK-2.
                      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Pfff, typical... http://www.carvin.com/international/docs/intcosts.html

I suppose the ones from www.warmoth.com work just as well, I think someone here had one from them?

Newc
                      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Damn, shipping's atleast $42.
                      I'll inquire at some local shops and if they can't help me I'll eventually go stateside for an order.
                      In all eventuality I'll STILL want those JT580 replacement saddles so I then have a backup or am able to sell either one on...
                      Thanx Newc.

Comment

Well, then, since Schaller makes the Floyd Rose in their German plant, try to find one of them in Europe. I don't know Schaller's model number for the Floyd they supplied Jackson with for most of the 1990's, but it should be wasy to find one.

Newc

Comment

Schaller floyds and parts are available at www.rockinger.de
                          BTW new OFR in chrome finish is 295 euros here in Finland. That's total ripoff! Fender should really check their pricing policy in europe.

Comment

That's about US$330 for you people in the US [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
                            BTW, Finland does have the highest VAT in the Eurozone.

Comment

Hey Concreteshoes, OFRs aren't manufactured by Fender, so it's not their pricing policy. If you want one, order one from this Rockinger place, if it comes from inside Europe, you don't have to pay extra taxes. They have them for <200 euros, and that's a normal price.

Comment

That's right, the higher prices you pay in Europe are due to import duties your
                                governments have chosen to charge. OUr government does the same, except in cases like NAFTA which somewhat correspond to what the EU is doing, except that we aren't trying to politically unite with Canada and Mexico.
                                Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X