Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FMIC (europe) isn't forthcoming with JT580 parts what are my alternatives?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: FMIC (europe) isn\'t forthcoming with JT580 parts what are my alternatives?

Originally posted by TDurden:
    Hey Concreteshoes, OFRs aren't manufactured by Fender, so it's not their pricing policy. If you want one, order one from this Rockinger place, if it comes from inside Europe, you don't have to pay extra taxes. They have them for <200 euros, and that's a normal price.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">It's FRII at rockinger.
    And you don't have to educate me about EU inside market thank you.

Comment

Hmm, I looked through both www.rockinger.de and http://www.schaller-guitarparts.de/1224.htm
      ...and came to the conclusion that Schaller only makes ONE type of Floyd Rose trem.
      ONE which uses string lock screws that will not fit in my JT580 because the screw heads are the JT500 type (the broad ones):

which are thicker than the 3mm. holes in the JT580 trem baseplate. (#3 in the pic below)
      *sigh*
      So I'd be forced to buy a complete trem of -basicaly- the type I've read all over JCF is the most inferior of all J/C guitars use; the JT500.

-OR-

Am I all wrong here and is the non-Jackson Schaller system actually a ???
      And is the JT590 better/worse/equal to the JT580?
      Please advise...

Comment

mikee, exactly what parts do you need?

sully
        Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
        Sully Guitars on Facebook
        Sully Guitars on Google+
        Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

The JT 590 by Schaller is a lot better than the JT 580 and most feel it's equal in quality to the Original Floyd Rose, which is itself made for Floyd by Schaller in the same factory.

I don't think anyone ever meant to imply you could use Schaller parts on the 580.
          If you thought so that was a misunderstanding.
          Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by jsullysix:
            mikee, exactly what parts do you need?

sully
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I need:
            * 1x 6-piece set of saddles for my JT580
            (with inserts AND locking screws and maybe saddle screws as I don't know how "used" the current ones are)
            * 1x Locking nut assy. complete.

Today I saw in my local shop a brand new boxed, still-shrinkwrapped (thus not missing any parts) Schaller trem assembly which comes with all you need (e.g. both wood-screws and wood-inserts+plugs, trem springs, spring retainer etc. etc. etc.) ...EXCEPT there was one odd thing!
            The Locking nut assy. (#6 below)

...came with the two mounting screws (for in the wood) which CAN ONLY BE SCREWED-IN FROM UNDER THE NECK. Not possible from above (the fret-side), we tried that. [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

[ September 25, 2003, 07:38 PM: Message edited by: Mikeee ]

Comment

mikee, those screws WILL in fact come out... i just took some out of a schaller floyd nut.

perhaps we can find some parts for ya if you can't get em there. anyone? there's swag in it for you.

sully
              Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
              Sully Guitars on Facebook
              Sully Guitars on Google+
              Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

OK, lemme look at my parts collection and see what I've got! I think I might just have what your looking for. But I know I don't have the nut.

Comment

OK, are these what you need? I measured them at 4mm in width. My picture hosting is screwy, so send me an email addy and I have a pic for you!!

Comment

http://www2.freepichosting.com/Images/84074/0.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by jsullysix:
                      mikee, those screws WILL in fact come out... i just took some out of a schaller floyd nut.
                      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">No no no, I didn't mean the nut screws (THREE screws)
                      I meant the comb-like thingy on the neck wood (whatsitsname? string guide?) that holds the strings in place. It has only TWO screws, those TWO go through the "comb" into the wood to hold it in place.
                      Then come the strings.
                      Then come the 3 string clamps (=nuts?) and their THREE screws.

Well, now these TWO "wood screws" in the Schaller model are screwed in from behind (from behind the neck I guess?). WTH? Dunno any guitar with a setup like that. But then again I don't know many guitars.

Comment

I've seen nuts that screw on through the neck before. They aren't terribly uncommon.

Comment

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yeah, those. Very kind of you, although I think mine are 3mm, not sure as I don't have a slide rule.
                          Besides, I don't have much use for locking screws alone, it's the...
                          http://members.lycos.nl/mbmarduk5612/jacksaddletop.jpg
                          http://members.lycos.nl/mbmarduk5612...ddlebottom.jpg
                          ...saddle itself that's broken and instead of buying ONE just to wait 'till the next one breaks I'm buying six in one go.

Comment

Originally posted by Ace:
                            I've seen nuts that screw on through the neck before. They aren't terribly uncommon.
                            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">//OT
                            You know, in an ambiguous way that sentence had me LMAO at 5:13AM just now.

Comment

Originally posted by Mikeee:
                              </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by jsullysix:
                              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">No no no, I didn't mean the nut screws (THREE screws)
                              I meant the comb-like thingy on the neck wood (whatsitsname? string guide?) that holds the strings in place. It has only TWO screws, those TWO go through the "comb" into the wood to hold it in place.
                              Then come the strings.
                              Then come the 3 string clamps (=nuts?) and their THREE screws.

Well, now these TWO "wood screws" in the Schaller model are screwed in from behind (from behind the neck I guess?). WTH? Dunno any guitar with a setup like that. But then again I don't know many guitars.
                              </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">The comb-like thingy IS the nut, then the clamps and screws mount to it. The setup to mount the Floyd nut from the back of the neck is the original design and all Floyded guitars had that for the first several years, until the top-mount nut was devised. A good tech can remove the rear-mount machine screws and widen just the top of the screw holes (called countersinking) so you can mount the nut with woodscrews from the top instead.
                              You could also just keep the existing locking nut in place too if it's good.
                              Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

there are a few companies in holland who can supply either an original floyd or an licensed schaller (a.o. vox humana in Vlaardingen, De Brug in Monnickendam (they just received a few floyd speedloaders)or Henny van Ochten mailorder
                                www.Rockinger.com also have the schaller floyd

these company can also sell you spareparts for a an OFR or Schaller although I'm not quite sure they are interchangeable with the jackson floyd

good luck with your search

Comment

Working...
                                X