Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FMIC (europe) isn't forthcoming with JT580 parts what are my alternatives?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: FMIC (europe) isn\'t forthcoming with JT580 parts what are my alternatives?

just to piggyback on what lerx said, mikee, those two long screws that secure the nut (the comb thingy) to the neck can be removed, and you can screw it in from the front. easy as pie!

sully
    Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
    Sully Guitars on Facebook
    Sully Guitars on Google+
    Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by jsullysix:
      just to piggyback on what lerx said, mikee, those two long screws that secure the nut (the comb thingy) to the neck can be removed, and you can screw it in from the front. easy as pie!

sully
      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">But like I said, we tried.
      The tech removed the screws out the back and reinserted them the other way around then after a few twists of the screwdriver they hit the top of the nut (the "fingers" of the "comb" haha), still having about 10mm to go.
      PLUS, these screws are the round headed "machine" type instead of the wood type "sunken" conical type. So it'll never stay flat.

Comment

ahh...i see what you mean. sorry bout that!

sully
        Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
        Sully Guitars on Facebook
        Sully Guitars on Google+
        Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

You're right, Mikeee, but that's why I said you have the tech drill out 2 larger size holes just in the top of the nut, just enough that you can then install the nut using wood screws instead. You don't drill all the way through the nut, just enough that the tops of the screws are flush.

Or again, leave the Jackson locknut in place if it's still good, and sell the Schaller nut on Ebay or something.
          Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Lerx, you were right. I meant it for sully to read.
            And I don't think It's OK because I can drive the middle clamp's locking screw round and round and round forever so guess the nut's metal threading is f*cked up in there. Bah.
            I'm starting to think I can't moderate my strength.
            I mean I tighten the saddle, it breaks.
            I tighten the clamp THAT breaks.
            But these are the only things I've broken this way for years so guess either there's metal fatigue at play here or the metal was sh1t out of the factory in the first place.

Comment

Originally posted by jsullysix:
              ... sorry bout that!

sully
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Don't. More explanation/discussion means more crunching images in the brain which leads to more ideas which drives our world forward, leads to world peace, ends world hunger, overpopulation, etc...

Comment

Working...
              X