X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sully is GOD

a fine job sully a fine job

Re: Sully is GOD

Thats awesome man, my soloist could really use touching up like that right now but after my other guitars got stolen I can't really be guitarless for man that a couple of days.. so I gotta wait until I get a back up guitar [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img] Anyways, great job Sully!

Comment

Hey Sully.....any time you want an endorsee......a nice 7 string Explorer or V with a 2" wide ebony neck would nab me......I am waiting on your answer as I am currently entertaining offers from ESP.-Lou
      " I do not pay women for sex. I pay for them to leave after the sex ". -Wise words of Charlie Sheen

Comment

No he's not! [img]graemlins/bs.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Sully is GOD

I just got my Rhoads back from Sully...all I can say is that this guitar is better than it has ever been!! Check out his site (www.sullyguitars.com) and look under Repairs, there is a list of what all he did to it and even some pics...I am really really happy with the job he did, and how involved it was...it's not like taking it to most shops where you tell them what you want and they do it and call you back...he called me and asked my opinions on lots of things, which I really appreciated too. I recommend him for all your repair needs!!

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX:
            No he's not! [img]graemlins/bs.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">And how would you know....hell....EVERYONE is getting an ESP endorsement these days....why is it not possible for me? [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] -Lou
            " I do not pay women for sex. I pay for them to leave after the sex ". -Wise words of Charlie Sheen

Comment

If Sully truely is God, when is he gonna "unleash the fukking fury" on Horns?...........

Comment

That God is a guitar nut and a JCF member only makes sense. And think of how convenient it would be to send him e-mail instead of those funky prayer things.
                [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Nice Jackso! [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
                  I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Yeah Sully rocks man! Just keep an eye on him around your moms... And don't let him blame any flatulence issues on the youngest in the group. He's got a habit of that. [img]graemlins/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
                    Occupy JCF

Comment

Nice job Sully.
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6M4lm9Ahz0

Comment

Sully, how long do you estimate before you get too big and start jobbing out all your guitars to overseas manufacturing plants? Man, nobody's gonna want a Korean Sully!! Please don't do it to us like everyone else has!!
                        [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                        Seriously, nice damn job bro!
                        My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

Sully, nice work!!

I had no idea you built guitars!!

How long have you been doing this??

Can you do set-neck designs as well??

Comment

i was thrilled to do the work that i did for ethan; it was a hell of a lot of fun to see the changes from when it arrived to when it left. i really got a kick out of taking it completely apart, cleaning the bejeezus out of it (there was a lot of bejeezus collecting in there), making the fretboard look new again (you really can see yourself in the ebony!), polishing the frets with mister dremel, seeing the headstock come out from all the overspray it had on it (the headstock had been snapped, repaired, and painted) and making the finish come back to life as well. the rewiring went quick (thankfully i took a lot of pictures of the wiring!), and the setup/re-assembly was a breeze. i have to say that the SD greatness doesn't end with the charvies. what a great profile that neck has; it really plays itself. if you listened to my diary clip in the mp3 section, it was done with the rhoads; boxcar wanted to hear how the new duncan custom sounded. i'd say it screams!

i'm more than happy to assist in setups and the cleanups (or resurrection as i called it) in any way that i can.

as far as building guitars go, i'm mainly sticking to bolt ons for now, but i fully expect to be doing setnecks and neckthrus next year.

once the quilt rc and purple flame catfish (my strat body) are done, my next project is the resurrection of my first smoking guitar; it's a bolt on epi with a twisted neck, so i'm pullin frets, planing the fretboard and THINKING of routing binding channels on the neck and body. it'll be a fun experience, for sure. i've also got a 3dr (or is it a dr3?) body that i plan on finishing white with a gold bullseye (or spiral), gold floyd/hardware. if anyone's interested, it won't be too much dough! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

no plans to go overseas just yet, the sullysan guitar factory is just in the planning stages, so it'll at least be 2 years until they're made by 3 year old indonesian kids! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] i'll also need a krispy kreme factory nearby for reasons tommy knows....

in all seriousness, i'm building the guitars you see on my site on my own dime, so it's certainly not going as fast as i'd like, but it's something i've wanted to do (and started doing in stages) since i was 14. (i'm more than happy to accept investors! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] )it's very exciting for me to do the work that i'm doing on these, especially the RC (my firebird) that's on the site. adding the body countours and sculpting the cutaway has been really exciting b/c when i bolted the body to the neck, i realized that if i planned on truly enjoying the guitar, i was gonna have to make some serious mods to it to increase the overall comfort level. i can say that drilling the TOM post holes was a harrowing experience... totally no going back, and if i was off a 32nd of an inch, i basically would have had a nice bound quilted top cutting board for the kitchen! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

anyway, thanks for reading through this; this has been a really exciting time for me, and i really look forward to the future.

sully

[ September 22, 2003, 09:54 AM: Message edited by: jsullysix ]
                            Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                            Sully Guitars on Facebook
                            Sully Guitars on Google+
                            Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by jsullysix:
                              ...and THINKING of routing binding channels on the neck and body.
                              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Hey Sully, your comment reminds me of a question I've always had in the back of my mind.... Can you add body binding to a guitar without having to refinish it?

I've always dug the look of the KE2T model, but wanted it with a Floyd. So I've thought about ordering a KE2, and having the body binding added. (...Might not look quite as good with the bevels, but close.) But if it can't be done well without doing a full-on refin, probably not worth it.

Maybe you know the answer?

Comment

Working...
                              X